Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this already has a discussion open or if I am in the wrong category. I'm desperate for any advice or help I can get. I have 2 female beagles. Ariat is a blue tick and will he 4 in January. Lil Bit is a (patch?) is what I'm told that will be 1 tomorrow. I asked a supposed "friend" and I use that term loosely now to sit with my babes because I had to go out of town unexpectedly. I told her that Lil Bit was in heat and Ariat had just started spotting so please be careful when taking them out. Well she decided to take them to her home without telling me. She went out on some errands and when her husband got home they somehow got out. He decided to put them in a pin with his dogs because of the blood in the house. I mean duh! I cant imagine why lil bit was hooked up! Ariat (so she says) had nothing happen to her. When I arrived home Ariat was in the house but not lil bit. I called and she said she had to run home real quick and just took her along for a ride. Now, when she pulled in I was outside with Ariat. She let lil bit out and she raced to ariat and just started attacking her! I mean a nasty fight. This has NEVER happened. Ariat is dominant and lil bit is like her baby and submissive. Got them in the house and if I try to pay ANY attention to Ariat, lil bit starts trying to rip her apart. If I'm not in the room they are fine. Let me back in and it's a death match. Why would my submissive, sweet and loving little girl suddenly act like this? Any help would be more than appreciated. My heart is broken for what may have happened to her. Sorry this was long but I wanted to make sure I gave enough info. My most sincere thanks.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
So I guess the question you'll find here is ..why havent you had your dog spayed (fixed)? Is it because you want litters? Are you breeding? If not, consider/research the health risks of a non-fixed dog. There are very few, if any, on this forum with dogs who have not been spayed/neutered.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There is some merit to late spays...perhaps that's why?

Can you spay her now, or is she too far along?

I don't know if it's true of all dog breeds, but my other breeds of choice - German Shepherds and Rotties - have enough same sex animal aggression people need to be careful. The saying is, males fight for breeding rights, females fight for breathing rights.

It could be hormonal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts