Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
How are things going Jan? Been thinking about you both.
Thank you for asking.

We skipped rehab and brought my Mom home on the 18th. She is sleeping at my cousins' who lives door to her. She lived with me for 3 three months, back in 2015. Being out of her environment made her dementia escalate. Being closer to home works best. My cousins are like my sisters. We are all working together to try to keep my Mom out of a nursing home. We split up our time, so my Mom is never alone. It is a lot of work, but it is what it is. The dementia seems to be back to the original baseline. It is just one day at a time. We are all on the same page, but realize that if it becomes unmanageable, Mom will have to go into a home. SIGH!

How is your Mom? And how are you holding up?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thank you for asking.

We skipped rehab and brought my Mom home on the 18th. She is sleeping at my cousins' who lives door to her. She lived with me for 3 three months, back in 2015. Being out of her environment made her dementia escalate. Being closer to home works best. My cousins are like my sisters. We are all working together to try to keep my Mom out of a nursing home. We split up our time, so my Mom is never alone. It is a lot of work, but it is what it is. The dementia seems to be back to the original baseline. It is just one day at a time. We are all on the same page, but realize that if it becomes unmanageable, Mom will have to go into a home. SIGH!

How is your Mom? And how are you holding up?
Awww good to hear that. It is hard but you all are doing your best.

My mom is hanging in there. She has 3 more radiation treatments left. (30 total needed) One more round of chemo and the radiation Dr. today mentioned we will talk about treating the brain as a precaution. This type of cancer goes there. We shall see.

Miss Autumn has been sick a lot. What is it with 5 going towards 6? She started with the 2 random seizures which the called idiopathic epilepsy. (seizure of unknown origin) A few months later she got really sick and they finally labeled that meningitis. She is still on the steroids because of the neurological symptoms she had they are very cautious to take her off of them and are slowly weaning them down. They have made her very wired and constantly looking searching for food.

Last week she was across the yard in the snow and she ate something. She ended up with vomiting and bloody stools. Vet put her on an antibiotic thinking gi irritation /infection from whatever she ate. It was supposed to be her yearly visit. Brought her stool sample in the other day and the vet called and said it was coccidia. Usually they get it from eating dog poop. I told her I pick ours up right after and she thought maybe we have a fox or coyote that is coming through our yard. Poor little girl is on yet another antibiotic. My checkbook and credit card are taking a beating. I so want another dog but with this little girl and her surprise illnesses it's not happening anytime soon.

Life is crazy my friend, hang on for the ride! ;)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Your Mom sounds like a tough lady. Praying she sails through her treatment and only gets good news from here on out.

Oh, poor Autumn. She has really had a time of it. Shelby had coccidia, when we got her from the shelter. It responded well to treatment. She never got it again and didn't share it with Boh. Our pets are a never ending expense - that's for sure. I just used our tax return to pay off our credit card bill. Of course, we already charged a good bit that will be on there next month. And - I haven't gotten the bill yet for our horses' Cushings medication.

I'm hanging on, dear one. Sunny days are coming. I feel it.

HUGS!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Your Mom sounds like a tough lady. Praying she sails through her treatment and only gets good news from here on out.

Oh, poor Autumn. She has really had a time of it. Shelby had coccidia, when we got her from the shelter. It responded well to treatment. She never got it again and didn't share it with Boh. Our pets are a never ending expense - that's for sure. I just used our tax return to pay off our credit card bill. Of course, we already charged a good bit that will be on there next month. And - I haven't gotten the bill yet for our horses' Cushings medication.

I'm hanging on, dear one. Sunny days are coming. I feel it.

HUGS!
Let's hope for sunny days!:coolio:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts