Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to what others feed their beagles. I started with Purina healthy bites, but not sure if this is the healthiest.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would say as a rule Purina isn't super high quality food. Neb and Xerxes are fed Fromm's and do well on it. It's got taurine added which helps guard against dilated cardiomyopathy. There are lots of options.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Always buy the best quality food you can afford. I feed Freshpet fresh food. My dog loves it. It comes in a roll in the refrigerated section of the pet store. I buy it at Target for the cheapest price. I slice off the amount for a feeding and refrigerate the rest. You can also research dog foods at www. Dogfoodadviser.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say as a rule Purina isn't super high quality food. Neb and Xerxes are fed Fromm's and do well on it. It's got taurine added which helps guard against dilated cardiomyopathy. There are lots of options.
I have not heard of that dog food, is it dry or wet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always buy the best quality food you can afford. I feed Freshpet fresh food. My dog loves it. It comes in a roll in the refrigerated section of the pet store. I buy it at Target for the cheapest price. I slice off the amount for a feeding and refrigerate the rest. You can also research dog foods at www. Dogfoodadviser.com
View attachment 41687
Thanks! I have seen this food..

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I dont buy the grain free version however since there seems to be concern "grain free" foods cause heart issues.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have not heard of that dog food, is it dry or wet?
Fromm's is dry (and not grain-free either). The two of them seem to really like it.

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
I feed Fromm here too, excellent food. Molly eats canned and Oliver eats dry. Here is the Fromm site https://www.gofromm.com/

I used to feed Iams but switched to Fromm - much less poop and more firm, no itchy dry skin. Fromm has a frequent buyer plan, buy 12 bags and get one free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts