Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casie came from the country to the big city....well, 23,000 people and a very busy block. After two weeks, he has yet to go outside without a very comical battle between my dh and I vs Casie on who is going to get inside first. We have to tether the dogs because we dont' have a fenced in backyard (we're renters) This has always worked well...but Casie ran free and is getting used to the tether. But WILL NOT go outside by himself or if Cobi is out there, waits for a human to go out with him. Then we have to wonder if he's done his jobs. This will work as long as the weather is nice, but once it gets cold, I am afraid he will hold it, and then let loose inside. Any ideas on how to help him get over his fear of the outside. Once he's out there, he runs, jumps, chases the other dog, and watches things...but the battle to get him out is getting very OLD>

Cathy J

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
We have had the same battle with Popcorn for three years now... so clearly we haven't figured out the answer! Sometimes she has good days and goes out without any histrionics - other times she sits and shakes by the door. Sometimes we can coax her out - sometimes we don't have any luck with that and end up picking her up. Once outside she usually is better, but we don't have any backyard, fenced or not, so we don't have any option but to walk with her until she performs - sometimes when she first arrived that could take HOURS, but that has improved a lot over time so most of the time now she performs pretty quickly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts