Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winston tried to rescue his family from a wasp last night by doing what beagles do best. Eating it!.
It resulted in a nice fat lip. (i'm just gonna hope this photo works)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Awwww, poor Winston! That looks like it hurts! Some benadryl might help. I think dosage for dogs is on the Health board - under (of all things), Pepto Bismol - has lots of info in post. Good idea to check with the vet tho.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Awww poor thing. I bet all he can eat is Limp Bizkit.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Oh, poor baby!! Does it hurt? Can he eat? I feel so bad for him--there he was, protecting his family and look what happened to him!! Hope the swelling goes down soon and he's okay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ah poor guy. I would just keep an eye on him for a little bit mkae sure he's not lethargic or anything. Im sure he'll be fine. The same thing happened to Max a bee came close to me and one chomp from max and it was gone but not before stinging him, and im pretty sure he got stung a few times. He just made a funny noise and tried to paw at his mouth. He seemed a little irritated for the night but was fine.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Poor thing!! Daisy got into ants in our backyard one time and her lips swelled up. If I remember we gave her a little bit of an antihistamine and she was fine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My first thought last night (after I figured out that he hadn't just gained a lot of wait since noon
) was
get on Beagleworld, the answer will be there but sadly my internet was out until this AM.

We watched him like a hawk last night, I wasn't prepared to pay after hours vet fees when he has an appt for Saturday.
By midnight the less affected side had gone down quite a bit and he never did seemed bothered by it, other than not being able to grab onto toys very well. Eating was a challenge, but when did that ever stop a beagle.
By this AM the swelling had gone down almost 100%, except for a small area, where the stinging probably happened. Now you can't even tell.
I'll still have the vet take a peek tomorrow at his appt.
Thankfully it wasn't any worse, and after I knew he was okay, I was able to laugh about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts