Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away all week, and shortly after I got home yesterday Dusty said that Traveler seemed to be having trouble urinating again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif This morning, he still seemed to be having problems so I called and asked if the vet could see him today instead of Monday. As is often the case by the time we got to the vet, Traveler seemed much improved. :freak: The urinalysis was clear, and the happy result was that, for now anyhow, Traveler has a clean bill of health. :happyhappy: We breathed big sighs of relief at that diagnosis!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Atta Boy Traveler !!! Glad to hear all is well !!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sandy, I'm happy to hear that Traveler is OK. I know how it goes when you rush to the vets and the symptoms disappear. Both my Amber and Jersey have done that to me...more than once! :freak:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Sometimes it seems that just a walk through the vet office doors is all it takes to make an "unwell" pup well again.

Sometimes.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Sometimes it seems that just a walk through the vet office doors is all it takes to make an "unwell" pup well again.
So true. One time we took Moose to the vet because he had something black and scary-looking growing on one of his toes beside the toenail. A friend's dog had a similar thing and it turned out to be cancerous, so we didn't want to let it go. Problem is, when we got to the vet we couldn't find it anywhere... checked all his other feet and toes too just in case we were wrong about which one it was on. We ended up looking absolutely ridiculous! The vet took pity on us and didn't charge us for the visit...

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Bookermoose!

It's still good that you went.

If you hadn't have gone, it would have turned out to be malignant melanoma.

Our golden retriever, Ginger (aka Gingergoose) started off with a slimy looking, black thing that looked like a pearl on her nail-bed. After chemo, radiation and a toe amputation, it still killed her.

I'm glad that Moose's thing fell off! Your vet sounds like a sweetheart.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We were scheduled to take Traveler for the urinalysis tomorrow anyhow, so we just jumped the gun a little. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Since we had the test we did pay for the visit, but the vet said he saw no need for further tests and expense at this point. We like his honesty 'cause he could have told us we needed all kinds of costly things, and we'd have done it. Also, since Traveler's problem can flare up again, the vet gave us his home phone number so we can reach him at any time. Gotta love a vet like that! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts