Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally, Jersey sleeps in the middle of the bed between me and Mike so that she's on my right hand side. Last night she went to bed before I did and Mike let her under the blankets. So when I got there she was already nice and comfy, but over by the edge of the bed. So being the nice mommy that I am, I didn't want to disturb her and so I just moved my legs to the other side of her and let her be. About an hour later I felt her push up against my legs as she stretched out. It woke me up and I jumped up fast knowing that she was going to push herself off the bed. I was too late to reach her and she went down to the ground. Mike got up and turned on the lights. She had already stood up and shook herself out looking around a bit startled. She went into her crate to lay down but Mike insisted she had to be with us so he coaxed her out and put her back on the bed, in between us this time. Silly little thing! I'm so glad that she's OK and didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oh No Jen!! We almost had the same problem this morning, but I finally got Blue to move to the middle after he tried to fall of three times. Glad Jersey is okay, give her some belly rubs from us.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
That's funny, that happened to Sydney a few weeks ago as well. My bed is so high too, I am surprised that she didn't hurt herself. I am glad that Jersey is ok and that nothing nad happened.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor Jersey! Fortunately, she was probably quite relaxed when she fell which would help prevent any injuries. As you may have noticed from Mags' pictures, I have a safety bed rail on my bed on Maggie's side -- she had fallen out twice, once almost hitting her head on the end table. Since it is only the two of us sharing, this was an option for me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh no, that must have been a startling way to wake up! Glad she's ok. Duke has fallen off the bed a few times, but mainly when he's playing and he's so agile, he just turns it into a stunt. It does worry me that his lack of fear will cause major grief some day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.