Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My Buddy's right eye tears up once a week. Is this common? Any advice on prevention? He'll be to the vet in June for a check up but just wanted to check with you guys first..

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My first guess would be allergies. Jersey has been getting a little runny eyed lately. It happened this time last year. She's allergic to something in the spring air...just like her mommy!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep, I think it is allergies. Badger's eye also does this. I asked his vet about it too and she said it is common for beagles to have. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yep Rosa gets this too but only in the spring and in windy weather. I used to have to keep on wiping them but now Sherry does it for me with her tongue :freak:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yup, I would say allergies. Caesar's vet said it is very common at this time of year. I just keeping wiping his eye's with a damp cloth.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Both of Snoopys eyes run all the time. In his case its caused by blocked tear ducts. The vet doesnt want to operate. There is something you can wipe the stain with but we just wash it away with a damp flannel.

·
Registered
308 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jennifer:
Yep Rosa gets this too but only in the spring and in windy weather. I used to have to keep on wiping them but now Sherry does it for me with her tongue :raspberry: . All I gotta say is less work for me and Hubby!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
It's more common with elder beags like Goober & his past cousin Duke! Even Snapper had that problem! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts