Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure this is a topic somewhere already in here, I just didn't want to go looking for it...

Is anyone familiar with eye drainage? My Bella has had intermittent eye goop, usually in one eye after sleeping so I didn't think much of it. Today she wasn't sleeping and has two very leaky eyes, the inside corners. My vet told me dogs get allergies, and it is spring, but I am wondering how long to wait before bringing her to the vet, which is no small task as it is about a 2 hour drive and a day off of work...

Is this something to just wait out for a bit or something to check out right away? She seems perfectly normal, just wet under the eyes...

·
Registered
847 Posts
Beagles are known to have active eye-ducts (for lack of a better term). I just wipe it away with my finger whenever I see anything. Bodie is so used to me doing it he just sits there now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Both of our beags have really runny eyes. I don't worry about it too much, just wipe it away when I see it. Unless her eye looks infected I don't know that I would be concerned. But you could always give your vet a call and talk to them before taking your pup in.

·
Registered
786 Posts
One of my beagles has runny eyes and its year round. I would just keep tissues handy so you can wipe it away and dry to keep the area dry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yup, Totti has very watery eyes as well. I clean the corners of his eyes constantly! He actually enjoys it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts