Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have in the past, spent lots of money on so called indestructable dog toys. Usually, Jersey has them torn apart within a few minutes. I've been cleaning out things around here and found two toys that I had bought for her a while ago and were going to return since she so easily destroys them but I never did. So, I gave them to her. Both are completely destroyed now. In all of about 10 minutes combined. Yet she has a whole toy chest full of toys from PetEdge.com that I didn't pay more than $2/each for. They last longer than the expensive ones! Go figure.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Our boys are terrible about destroying toys, so we buy them at yard sales, Goodwill, etc. That way we don't see the dollars flying as the toys are shred.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I shop at the dollar store for Monty's toys. Things like ropes and balls he doesn't destroy, but stuffed animals he does. The dollar store has these really cute stuffy toys that have very little stuffing in them, so if he rips them open, there is very little mess, and he still plays with the toy. Best of all, it only costs me $1.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I buy some dollar store toys too, Letty. The ropes and balls hold up well and so do the vinyl squeekie toys. The only stuffed toys that Duke destuffs are the stuffed animals that used to be mine until he found them and drug them outside. So much for them.

Our main problem is he gets his toys so dirty. Because we often leave the back door open for him to go in and out, he will take his toys out there and toss them around and they get so filthy. And washing them only works so many times.LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty always tries to take his toys outside! I try to stop him at the door, but he won't go out without it!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I have tried to get some expensive ones but now its like why bother - two greyhounds and a beagle - makes for a lot of shredding, ripping, etc. One toy that is a big hit with them all and lasts a long time are small stuffies from CVS that are about $4. There is a bunny, hedge hog and raccoon. I have done a lot of stitching repair to their favorite toys too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have found some very durable toys at Gordmans for around $4 each. One of them was a warthog that Sammy has had for over 2 months now and the little squeaker still works. Sammy loves those Loofa dogs from the chain pet stores, but they are $6 - $8 and generally only last for a short while. Last time I was at Gordmans I picked a couple of those other toys up for our toy drawer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts