Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering how much everyone exercises their beagles and what type ?
I walk Snoopy for 30mins-1hr MOST days but certainly not all. We have a large backyard and he does laps and tosses his toys around to keep himself amused when I can't entertain him.
When you read up about their exercise requirement some sources say 2 x 1hr daily walks others say they don't need to be walked everyday even if they are apartment dogs. I know it would depend partly on their age and temprament. I guess hunting dogs wouldn't be out hunting EVERY day.
Just thought I'd ask and see how everyone exercises their beagles. At the moment I only walk Snoopy but I'd like to get him used to running next to my bike as well. It's a shame there's nowhere around here that I can safely let him have a run off the lead :conf12:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey there,
I walk my Snoopy for 30mins 2x a day (pee and poop) and then 15 mins another 2-4 x a day (pee only)
He really doesnt get a lot of exercise, but we do take him to doggie daycare when we can, and he gets tons of exercise there. (we live in an appartment now, no yard)

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Hi, Charlie goes to the dog park 2x a week...if I'm too tire, once a week for an hour. Walk, for the rest of the days that we don't go to the dog park, for 1/2 an hour. Other times, we have a big yard, he runs and arrrooo. After dinner, sometimes we play catch ball.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi,

I usually walk Beaglina for about an hour and a half (divided into 2 walks) a day - she just loves her walks and it makes me happy - as it seems like the only good beagle is a tired beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I was also thinking of getting my old mountain bike out and going for a ride a couple of times a week but I'm not sure if she's too young yet (she's 13 months now - the photo is from a while ago) - any ideas on the right age to start??

·
Registered
291 Posts
I take Gage out to run and walk for about an hour a day, most days. He gets other exercise in the house with games like tug of war and chase. So it averages out to 1.5 to 2 hours a day. He used to absolutely need a walk every single day but now that he's almost 2, he's calmed down a lot. So if the weather is bad, we can stay in without him going too crazy.

Beaglina is very cute (and with a cute name). I've read that you don't want to take them on runs until they're 18 months old.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
:rotflmao:
Beaglina, that is such a cute picture of you!!
Charlie never did that, he rolls, but not like that. Too funny!
Snoopy minky, it is a bandanna, folded up in an angle tied around his neck.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our two go out for at least 2hours walk a day. They do have a garden to run in, but are too lazy for that. They use the walks purely for pleasure and come home to use the garden as a loo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts