Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks! I got very exciting news today. For those of you familiar with Bark magazine, they have a two-page spread in each issue of smiling dogs. I have submitted a few pics of Maggie but none were selected, either for the magazine or their webpage. I really thought they would pick the last one I submitted (see below) as Maggie definitely looks like she is smiling. Well ... today I got an e-mail from the editor that Maggie's howling photo was tentatively selected for a BOOK
called DogJoy: The Happiest Dogs in the Universe. Her photo was selected for a chapter entitled Jokers. I have to send back a release form and I expect the only tentative part is that whoever sends back the forms gets the pics in the book. The editor said that 500 photos were selected from 15,000 entries.
Okay, here's where the help part comes in: I can submit a descriptive (30 words or less) for the photo such as what makes your dog smile or what your dog was doing when this photo was taken or just a few words that expresses what your dog was doing or feeling. Not everyone's text will get into the book but I do want to submit something. <span style="font-weight: bold">Please, please give me some suggestions.</span>
Maggie was sitting on the ottoman next to my chair when she started howling, wanting a treat. I was thinking of:
Quote:Even at the senior age of 13, Maggie can still make her demands known by letting forth with a good aroo-o-o!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I love the pic and the quote! Congrats on being chosen too.

I have submitted my greys and Molly to Bark for the smiling dog and have never been in there either.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm-mmm....

Really, we're going to Petsmart!!!

You're telling me that all those treats are mine!

Wow, did you see the ears on that beagle!

Mom, that's the funniest joke I've ever heard!

Laugh, and the whole world laughs with you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts