Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hi everyone,

My beagle is 3.5 months old. And it is having excessive hair fall. I actually thought, puppy hair will shed and get its adult hair. Its brown patches started showing up. But I'm very much worried about its hair loss. Need some suggestions and advice on this. Thanks.

Hope you all are doing good in this pandemic. Pls stay home be safe.

Regards,
Vignesh

·
Registered
982 Posts
Is your beagle bald in places, or just the markings are changing? Sorry, I wasn't sure.

If it's bald patches, I'd get to a vet to look for allergies or mange.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your beagle bald in places, or just the markings are changing? Sorry, I wasn't sure.

If it's bald patches, I'd get to a vet to look for allergies or mange.
Hi..
Hair fall is happening throughout his body.. it is not like patches for some allergy.. Is it due to the summer heat, he's experiencing hair loss? I'm not sure..

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
If you can post a picture it might help us. If there are bald spots get to a vet. It could be food... what are you feeding? Although beagles have short hair they do shed a lot..give a brushing. I add a half tsp of coconut oil in the food once a day a few times a week.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I also think pictures will help. Neb's part Husky so to me Xerxes barely sheds...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you can post a picture it might help us. If there are bald spots get to a vet. It could be food... what are you feeding? Although beagles have short hair they do shed a lot..give a brushing. I add a half tsp of coconut oil in the food once a day a few times a week.
Thank you Cassie !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts