Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stayed up watching a movie one night and I was so sleepy that when I found Dillon sleeping in my spot on the bed, I simply moved him over just a little bit to give me some room to sleep on the side of the bed. But I barely had enough room to sleep on my side facing Dillon on the edge of the bed. After a while, Dillon kicked me and it was just enough to knock me off the bed onto the floor.

Can you imagine being kicked off the bed by your beagle? I guess that was Dillon's way of saying, I own you, Dad! lol

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have never been officially pushed off, but I am pushed to where I literally lay on the wood frame of our bed. We used to have a waterbed and now we just have a CA King mattress inside the old wood frame. Well sleeping with 3 beagles and another human it is not too often that I wake up in the bed with covers. More often than not, I am only 1/2 covered and I have at least part of my body hanging off. My husband teases me because he can't understand how little dogs can push a large woman like me off, but I think it is because I am a woman and have motherly instincts which say that if something smaller than you pushes against you in bed then you move so you don't crush it. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ahahahah Its a constant struggle in our house for bed space! We have a queen size bed that has to fit two adults, two dogs and two cats on it! Usually OH is on the very edge, JoJo is next to him, then me and then Jesie (cocker). The cats curl up around my head and OH's feet! I'm usually fine when I wake up but every day Oh complains about a sore back, no covers, not enough sleep, etc.

I keep saying that he could just move the animals? He says yeah but you'd tell me off if they weren't comfortable. Thank god he knows his place!!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally Posted By: SmeagleLOL Daisy is a bed hog, she loves to snuggle up to you when I allow her on the bed, but when I say OFF, she jumps down
hehehe
LOL

My off command usually yields a beagle head tilt

·
Registered
786 Posts
And that still won't be big enough...LOL!!!

How can such small animals take up to much space? I always noticed that the nose has to be touching one person and the tip of the tail the other. Even when we sit on the couch.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Never been kicked off the bed, but I understand about the bed hogs....

Not only is my off command ignored, I don't even get a head tilt. Usually I get either, Oh, I'm sorry, did you say something? I was sleeping, or, Are you talking to ME? Once in a while the only reaction is shifting eyes away from me, as they pretend I'm not there, and not talking.

Beagles! I'm glad they're snuggly when I need them to warm me.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The dogs usually don't sleep in the bed with us but last month for a week, Shane wasn't home and I didn't want to sleep in that big bed by myself so I let the dogs on the bed. I didn't get kicked off but I woke up in the night and couldn't move. I had a dog on either side of me - right against me - so I couldn't move. I felt like a crayon jammed into the box. When I tried to move Caesar he just grumbled.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker likes sleeping right next to you too. If you move away he just snuggles in again. After a while you find yourself on the edge of the bed. One time when my wife was out of town. I had to get up in the middle of the night and move to the other side because Tucker had pushed me to the very edge. When we are both home, he doesn't get to sleep in the bed all night. When I move him to his own bed he just looks at me with pleeding sleepy eyes. He used to growl a little when I moved him but he quit that because he realized it didn't do any good, I still was going to move him. I do make sure he is aware I'm going to pick hime up so I don't startle him (Cleo would snap when startled because she slept very deep due to her hearing loss). Of coarse it feels like he weights an extra 20 lbs when I move him when he is half asleep.

Is it just me or does anyone else have dislexic fingers when typing? I am always switching letters around. I also always proofread them before submiting, but things still do slip by.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our two dont sleep on our bed at the moment, their choice not ours. However, we get thrown out of bed in a different way. In the morning when its time for breakfast, Snoopy will leap onto the bed and land on us to wake us up. If we ignore his plees he'll start to retch in the corner of the room, which results in our leaping out of bed!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Casie and Cobi do sleep with us, one between my husband's legs and the other right up against me....and through the night there are swapping of places, and rumbling of bedding. By morning they are under the covers and we are hoping to have enough to keep us warm.DH has been kicked out of bed, and I just plain leave when there is not room for me....today I looked at the bottom of the bed, and said, I think there is room for one more and dh and I can sleep in t he guest room. NOT!

Cathy
MOM to Casie and Cobi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts