Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check the recall list again. Several more foods have been recalled. Nutro Max cat classics that I have been giving my cats is on the list. Fortunately they haven't had much and none of them seem sick. I have been purchasing several different brands and rotating avoid too much exposure to any one thing. I think I heard on the news this morning that Royal Canin is now on the recall. I thought I remembered someone here using that food.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As soon as I posted the previous pet food report, I heard the news again. Royal Canin USA is not included but food produced at the Canadian plant is.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jassy: I am giving Maggie Royal Canin prescription canned food right now. Thankfully, I believe that only the Royal Canin feline canned food (made in Canada) is on the recall list.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Pretty soon, every wet and dry food on the market that contains wheat gluten is going to wind up on that list. But, that's just my opinion. I'm playing it safe. My "kids" do not get fed anything with wheat gluten. I only feed all natural dry food.

And I double checked Milkbones. They do not contain wheat gluten and are safe.

It's bad enough I read ingredients for our human food, but now I find myself reading ingredients on my pets' food.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Here's a link to a list I found tonight:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/PressRelease04102007US.htm

What's disturbing about this latest recall, according to the news story I read, is that Menu Foods has said all along that none of their foods manufactured in Canada were contaminated. Now it turns out some were. I hope all you BeagleWorlders in Canada are okay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts