Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you all know we had Glover. We also had another foster girl during that time, her name was Lucy. She was a tiny beagle and gorgeous, but very fast! She escaped through the gate everytime we went outside.

Glover and Lucy got on like a house on fire. They never left each others side and it was sad to see them split up. Both beagles needed a home that were experienced with the breed, so we couldn't rehome together.

Here's a photo of Andrew, Lucy and Glover after a big play at the dog park.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucy was given to us with notes from her surrendering family of:

"Doesn't like human attention or pats. Won't cuddle and doesn't listen to any instructions".

That night Lucy was dropped off she was cuddled into me on the lounge for an hour having a cuddle. This photo was taken the day before she left for her new home. So much for a beagle that didn't like human attention or pats! They just weren't giving her beagle loving or beagle cuddles.

It's amazing what the right attention and leadership can do to a beagle!

·
Registered
865 Posts
What an ADORABLE picture! I admire what you two do more than you can imagine. Some day I would love to foster beagles. I am thinking that when I am past baby stages with kids that it might be one good way to teach my children to help others.

I know it must be so hard to let them go, but what you said in your other post makes total sense - that's the kind of love they need. It's obvious that you make it about them! Oh, but still so hard to let them go, I am sure!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Lucy does not look like a Beagle who doesn't like affection! It does take the right person to own a Beagle, that's for sure. Obviously her first family weren't the right people. I think it's awesome that you foster. I've thought about doing it, but I'm not sure that I could let them go when the time came. Keep sharing all these stories with us!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Doesn't like affection? Won't cuddle? What kind of people owned her?

Thank god for you and Andrew!

Adorable picture of the three /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maybe the note should have said that they "don't like beagle attention or cuddles". I admire you for fostering. Like the others have said, I too would love to foster a dog or two but I don't know if I could give them up after. When we adopted Emma from a rescue group I asked the foster mom how she did it, and she told me that she still crys but not infront of the new owners anymore.

I love that picture, all three seem very happy to be cuddling. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
230 Posts
That picture is why we have beagles! I love the beagle pile napping.

We fostered a beagle named Lucy once....and she stayed.

I'm in awe of those of you who can foster dogs -- I don't know that I could do it. Maybe in a future phase of my life; right now I don't have room for more than 2 beagles.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucy wasn't that hard to let go of. We only had her for a week and that week was a little bit of a blur with 4 reagles running around home. I still had a little teary when we had dropped her at the airport though. She was a sweet little devil!

I'm hopefully off to the airport this afternoon to pick up our new foster reagle called Mojo. He's booked in on the plane at 2:35pm and arrives in Brisbane at 4:20pm. Hopefully all going to plan, Mojo will be in our home tonight!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love the picture! I can't wait till I can do that with Mugsy. Now he would just try to bite my nose off...lol.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE! Mojo is meant to be catching a flight tonight at 6:55pm from our west and will arrive at the Brisbane Airport (Australia) at 8pm tonight!

Once we get some pictures, I'll be sure to update you all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif He will be getting desexed tomorrow, so picture opportunity might not arise until Saturday.

I'm very excited! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Mojo is a 7 month old boy who's owners apparently can't afford to fix their fence to stop him escaping. I think this is crap because I was talking to the owner last night who was telling me they are renovating and going away and it's just too hard to organise Mojo. Anyway, he'll be better off with us at home than out on a chain in their yard because they can't be bothered fixing their fence.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good luck to you and Mojo! I hope she does as well for you as your other fosters have done. It makes me so mad to think about his owners though. Why get a dog if you're not willing to take the responsibility?!?! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/evilgrin.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well he arrived safe and sound and a little scared, but intrigued by his new surroundings. The girls went nuts when we brought him home and the poor thing had his tail between his legs and his hackles up! He was a bit overwhelmed.

He's currently lying beside me sleeping off his anaesthetic. He's still a little groggy but each time he wakes up he's getting better.

I can't believe how much better males recover from desexing than females! I remember when Sally got done. She had to be carried out and was shivering whilst waking up out of the anaesthetic! Mojo trotted out and said hello to us and was very happy. Came home and had a play with the girls and went to sleep.

I can't believe how much he's like Lucy, the beagle we had for a week whilst we had Glover. He's from the same pedigree lines, so it must be the trait from that line.

Will update with pics when he's been out running around.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow, what a couple of jerks. They don't deserve a dog. :mad:

Glad you're looking after Mojo for a while u ntil he can find a forever home. Kudos to you guys for taking in fosters! I could never do that 'cause I'd get too attached to them and never be able to let them go.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts