Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* WARNING * GRAPHIC PICTURES *

Well, today I came home from lunch, which is not usual for me, but I wanted to check on the dogs. But when I got home, I came home to the entire laundry room filled with runny stool, and my worst fear, blood. I panicked and grabbed Cassidy, and called the vet. It took me an hour to clean up the mess, and I rushed her to the vet. (The vet advised that I didn't have to come like now, but she needed to come like now, lol) I didn't want the other dog stepping in it. 2 hours later, we found out that Cassidy somehow has developed severe colitis (large intestines are swollen). Cassidy has been acting fine, and appears to be fine still, but I wanted to show you all what I saw when I got home, so if you ever see this, you can call your vet. A dog should never have bloody stool, sometimes they will from constipation, but NEVER this much. Cassidy pooed all over the walls, our clothes, she pooed so much it scared me cause I don't even know where it came from! But here is a picture of what colitis can do to your pup. WARNING! THESE PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh my goodness! How are they treating it? I hope she is Okay. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cassidy is on 2 meds, one pill 2 times a day, and another pill 3 times a day...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Get well soon Cassidy. What a horrid shock to come home to.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That would scare the life out of me! Glad she is being treated and good wishes sent your way!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh my! I would have freaked out. I could handle the diarreha but the blood...that would have done me in. Get well soon, Cassidy.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I totally understand your panic. I had a GSD that had collitis. Like you we walked into a room of POO. We had to keep anything dairy away from her. We found out the hard way, by giving her a scrambled egg. Its not fun, but it is managable.

I'm sure the vet told you no food for like 24hrs. (its hard because they are hungry) Then start on rice and add in either lamb or chicken. We actually had to go to a Lamb and Rice food. I always kept a box of rice on hand, just in case... (also I noticed when the seasons changed it would act up also)

Good Luck!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hugs to both of you! How terrifying -- I am glad that the vet could diagnose so quickly and get Cassidy on meds right away. Hopefully, your heart rate has returned to normal!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh how scary for you . Hugs for you and Cassidy. I hope she is back to full health soon ((()))

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Oh no! How scarey! Definately I agree, anytime there is blood in the stool a vet call and visit should be done. Poor baby, I hope Cassidy feels better soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, poor Cassidy and poor you! I would have been scared to death too. Jersey was pooping blood once and it made me a nervous wreck. I hope your sweet girl is feeling better soon. Keep us posted on her!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Any news on Cassidy? How is she feeling?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts