Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wanted some advice about our Beagle Noa. We have two Beagles and they have very different characters. After we let the two out in the morning we give them their breakfast. They were always ready to dive in for their food but for the last week, Noa does not want breakfast and is not ready to eat until later in the day. We don't want to give her double portions in the evening and are not sure what to do to make sure she is getting enough to eat. Any advice please :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
We had this happen and now we just feed our beags once a day at around our dinnertime. They are fine with it :)

Roscoe started doing exactly what Noa is doing. As long as they are getting their daily allowance it is fine. I did combine the morning portion with the evening portion. Our vet even said, as long as they are eating, it doesn't really matter what time they eat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
We feed them both at the same time, and twice a day. Cobi and Casie get about 3/4 a cup each time. In order to have the "chow hound" Cobi not eat Casie's food, he eats in his private diningroom, the bathroom. Casie, must have several pieces of kibble on the floor and then leads up to the bowl. He is MUCH slower than Cobi...so poor Cobi is stuck in the bathroom until Casie gets done...it works, but can be a rather loud dinner time with Cobi barking to get out and check on Casie's progress.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou for all your advice. We only got our two six weeks ago. They came from people who could not cope anymore. This morning Noa was starving and attacked her breakfast as if she hadn't seen food in a month! I am slowly realising that Beagles have a mind of their own and do what they want to do :)

Thanks again,
Rosie in The Netherlands

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am slowly realising that Beagles have a mind of their own and do what they want to do :)
:yes: You hit the nail on the head with that statement!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep. That's why ours has to be crated when we're gone. He can and would empty out the pantry in no time, given free range.

I just gave him a Nylabone Healthy Edibles large chew, to see how long it would last him, and he gnawed it to bits and ate the bits in under a minute. Pretty expensive dog biscuit. Only hard nylon nylabones from now on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.