Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You also might want to check out the recent thread about adding green beans to Homer's diet. They are high in fiber and high-fiber foods make the dog feel full. Since they are low in fat/calories, they won't add any additional weight. I am sure there are other high fiber foods you could add but my mind is blank at the moment. Didn't click on link in Sephly's post so not sure if that is a website for an elevated bowl -- other BW members have used those with success.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Our Spook had a problem with regurgitating his food. It wasn't vomiting, but regurgitation of undigested food. He was diagnosed as having pyloric stenosis, but that doesn't mean your beagle has that problem.

Anyhow, we opted to try dietary changes before subjecting Spook to surgery. What we've done is change him to food for sensitive tummies, which I soak in water for 15 to 30 minutes before feeding. Then we feed him on an elevated feeder that Dusty improvised. This regimen has worked almost too well since he's gone from being razor thin to kind of chubby.
We figure better a little chubby than not being able to retain his nutrients. Here's a picture of the elevated feeding station.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.