Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke with a older farm vet and he told me to give Scout a small piece of Banana each day. Well tonight he got his first bite. It may take a few days. keep you posted,this could be my answer. I cleaned the yard, check his food and still he seems to find the poop.

·
Registered
959 Posts
We got a powder, wish I could remember the same of it for you, from our vet, when the boys found their poo much more tasty than food...even peanut butter :eek:(! We gave it to them, about 1/2 tsp a day for 10 days, and they don't eat poo anymore. Bananas didn't work for us, as they liked the poo better. UGH!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far he seems to like the banana, doesn't go on the hunt for poo just keeping trying til we get it right. Thanks for the info if this doesn't work then I'll get with the vet but my vet seems more like the sales person then a dog person. Charge me $14.00 dollars to trim his nails and i didn't even ask them to. I do them myself really didn't think he needed them done.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Iv'e heard pineapple in their food makes the poo unappetizing. Tucker loves pineapple, but then he doesn't eat poo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find this rather confusing with Scout, for 20 years I breed and raised dobermans, and still work with a facility that breeds and ships German Sherpards to various parts of the world and never had this problem. However Scout was in a barn till we purchased him @ 7 weeks and thought maybe this could be the source of the problem. Just keep working on it and a solution to the problem. Like people dogs have their own likes and dislikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts