Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so we leave Henry in his little area during the day (Few hours). He has a little box/pad that he goes pee/poop in. I just started noticing that he's eating his poop. I see (and smell) the spots on the pad, but there is no poop.

How do you stop them from eating their own poop?

Thanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
People say there are certain things they put in their dogs food to stop them from eating it!
I just catch them right after they are done and tell them leave it!
When the pup is alone i dont know how you would stop it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
The cheapest way is to feed him with a spoonful of can pumpkin. Charlie eats Marlin's poop, he plays with it more than eating it, still does. I simply gave up on that. :hi:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Mix in a tablespoon of Adolf's Meat Tenderizer into his food (its harmless). It makes the feces taste bad. It works.

Not that I have tried itm but what could be worse?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We feed ours dried gut, bought at the pet store. They get 2 pieces a day and it stops them eating poop. There is something dogs need that makes them eat revolting things, and this dried gut seems to do the job. Store it in an airtight bag though, it stinks.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I must say, the things you can buy in pet stores!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Dried guts? :pukey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts