Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be alarm? Lately Charlie is eating less simply nose up at his bowl. And just now I saw him vomit, slimy saliva. But other than that he is very energetic. The weather has been very hot here, I hope is just the heat, I'll wait for another couple of days.
Or on a second thought, maybe he is a copy cat from Marlin. Oh no...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Very hot here as well, but ours eat just as much. The house is cool though and they are not active hounds. If Charlie seems fit then he is probably o.k. If his vomiting continues then best to see a vet to make sure, but as long as he is eating something he'll probably be o.k.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How odd...he licked his bowl at 9:30pm. I made him some fresh one. Again he ate maybe about 1/4 cup of food. I coax him all the way.
Thanks

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey vomits yellow bile if she hasn't eaten anything and has an empty stomach. I wonder if Charlie is sensing a problem with Marlin and it's affecting his appetite? I would call your vet's office and see what they say, just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you are right Jen, I seriously think so now. I've been observing, he will approach his bowl gingerly, lick a bit off, then walks away.
He has been very nervous, ever since Marlin came back from his vet trip with the tummy hair shaved for ultrasound he stiffed him from head to toe. He is sensing something is wrong. Oh dear, what should I do, I can't help with the situation. What if Marlin is gone for good? Charlie came to us when he was just 14 weeks, and grew up with Marlin.
And another thing, I went down to the vet to ask for the lab result. They promised to call on Monday, today is Thursday! I sat there for 1/2 hour, then they told me the vet is not in, her nurse will talk to me. I turned her down and asked the vet to call me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Rhoda, maybe you could give Charlie something special that he can't turn down. Just while he gets over this. Maybe the vet can give him something for anxiety? Or maybe at least something for his upset tummy.

As for your vet, I'd be very upset. You shouldn't have to wait this long! I'd nicely let him know how upset you were. Keep us updated on the boys and how they are doing!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I hope Charlie ate better today. I, too, would tell the vet how upsetting it is to wait so long for test results. Your vet should realize how anxious you are about Marlin. :angry:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm steaming mad.... :angryfire:
Waited the whole day, no call. When I call again, the doctor has gone for the day and no one can answer my questions. Said Dr. Thompson will call me tomorrow.
And Charlie is still not eating, the 4th day already!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts