Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a beagle owner, we are all very aware of ear problems. Hounds have issues often. But I’m having a weird issue I havent dealt with before. No wax and no smell, so it isn’t mites. Normal pink color, not red. But he’s scratching and shaking his head. I think It’s allergies. I am in the Hurricane zone so I cant do a vet visit. I did an online zoom vet visit and he seemed really uninterested in my concerns. Sigh. Anyone out there with a similar issue?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Do you think in the inner ear maybe, like down a canal? Kind of hard to see. We used to use an ear wash that we'd massage in for Neb - but, I don't know how easy that would be to find given the hurricane (glad you guys are okay!), and without knowing what's going on - may not be great. But I don't remember Neb's ear being red and he didn't have mites or wax.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As a beagle owner, we are all very aware of ear problems. Hounds have issues often. But I’m having a weird issue I havent dealt with before. No wax and no smell, so it isn’t mites. Normal pink color, not red. But he’s scratching and shaking his head. I think It’s allergies. I am in the Hurricane zone so I cant do a vet visit. I did an online zoom vet visit and he seemed really uninterested in my concerns. Sigh. Anyone out there with a similar issue?
The same with my son's Yorkie. He had an infection deep in ear canal and allergies. He was able to visit vet who prescribed an antibiotic ointment and allergy meds. He was told to get Claritin for humans and they adjusted the dose to his body weight. Hope by now you were able to get some attention by a vet. He was shaking his head, rubbing his ears on the area carpet and scratching his ears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts