Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lucky started having ear issues last week. He had one red post inside his ear that he kept scratching and made bleed. He cannot stop scratching it. I got hydrocortisone creme and ear cleaner to try and help. None has helped. In fact, this morning I checked his ear and he has over 25 red bumps. I don't know what it is. What should I do? I also need to mention I work 30 minutes away from home and my vet. Thanks!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Sounds like it could be mites. Yeast is also very common in beagles. Did he get the inside of his ears wet last week?
I would say he needs a vet appointment to correctly diagnosis the issue. If it's either one of the things I mentioned I believe he'll need prescription treatment too.

Do you clean his ears out on a regular basis?
Is there crusty brown stuff?
Do his ears smell really bad?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I clean his ears out regularly. He got a bath this past Saturday. There is no crusty brown stuff just moist brown stuff. His ears do not smell bad since I have used so much cleaning stuff. I do not think his ears got water in them during the bath. Also, this is just one ear by the way.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Yeast can be in just one ear, not sure about mites, as Abby has never had them. I believe any kind of "stuff" in his ear can signal infection or mites. Maybe someone else will have better info.

·
Registered
223 Posts
ooh.. the red bumps do NOT sound like ear infections, esp if it went from 1 to 25 over night. I would recommend the vet, unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts