Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so Becky is chewing on her ears constantly! Is this normal? Its so funny to watch......but is it an indication of anything?

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I'm trying to get a mental picture of Becky chewing on her ears!! :hi: She's either a little beagle contortionist (sign her up for America's Got Talent!!) or she has pretty long ears!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I dont know about the ear chewing, but Suzy will lick her paws CONSTANTLY if she doesnt get to go outside or burn some energy. The only thing I can suggest is getting her tired, then see if she continues to do that. Sometimes, they just get bored /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are really long.....she hasnt quite grown into them, and I'm really hoping she never does......I love her ears! It may be that she is teething......I am thinking that is what it is.....really funny though. I really need to get some pics up of her.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Our first beagle, Max, had really long ears and he would suck on the ends of them.

I often that that it was the equivalent to thumb sucking in humans. He was either bored or needed a little comfort.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe is chewing on EVERYTHING, but she is not causing herself bodily harm so I'm okay with it. She loves her kong, so when I see she is bored, and I don't have time for her.... I just fill it up with stuff and peanut butter of cours. She goes crazy when I just take it in my hands... she is like a wacko dog /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey used to chew her ears when she was a puppy. They were way to long for her head and used to fall into her mouth if she was laying on her side. So, she'd just start chewing. :hi: So cute. The other day she was chasing her ear. She kept looking at it out of the corner of her eye and snapping at it. I posted about it the other day actually. It was too funny.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
How cute! Pooh Bear's ears are long and he used to try to get the ends of his ears in his mouth. It was very cute. He doesn't do it anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
What a funny image! I would love to see her picture.

If she is teething, maybe a little Kong filled with peanut butter and put in the freezer will give her some relief. It's worked for many here at BW.

~Denise

1 - 10 of 10 Posts