Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beagle Lillie was all mopey on Friday and then on Saturday she just did not look right, so we took her to the vet. Her fever was 105 and all tests were negative--blood work, stool sample test, xrays. She was given a shot and sent home with antibodics and pain meds (???? I guess to control the fever?????). Vets says fever without cause are rare but do occur. She was not sure where she should go on with testing (honestly we can't afford anymore random testing).

Since then she has only had a scambled egg (no interest now), a piece of cheese (no interest now) and some wet dog food (no interest again). She has not drank out of the water bowl but has taken between 4-5 ice cubes a day. Very little pee output and no poop yet.

Please help relieve my worry or point me in another direction.

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hubby is at home today and I am glad to report that Lillie is currently outside hunting, not as hard as Chloe, but she has her nose to the ground and tail in the air. For some reason the antibodics just took longer to jump start her into feeling better. She has started drinking out of the bowl now (not as much as I would like but it is better than the ice cubes) and she ate a boiled chicken breast last night plus 2 doggies biscuits.

Oh and last night was the first time I took a doggie temp myself
. I wrote all over it DOGGIE USE ONLY! Don't think anyone would want to stick it back in their mouths
. It was 101 so she is mending FINALLY!

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lillie is eating boiled chicken but I am having to give her water and pedilite by syringe. She has had no temp spike since the weekend. I spoke with the vet today and they say it might be 3-4 days until the antibodics kick in. Today was the 4th day. She is still so weak. She was also prescribed metacam and a friend of mine who used to be a vet tech said sometimes that makes them sleepy and upset stomach. I will keep her on the baytril and not give her the metacam tomorrow. Vet also asked me to bring in a urine and stool sample so I am gonna do that tomorrow. Hopefully they will be able to see if their is a UTI otherwise the testing will just be hit and miss. I can't afford hit and miss and their are no vet hospitals around here.

I am so devastated, I can hardly work or eat or sleep. I am so scared she is not going to make it through this. Plus her sister Beagle Chloe and brothers Stray Jack and Boxer P dont understand why Lillie is not playing.

So can it happen that a Beag takes that long to get the meds in their system?????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.