Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drevers are used for hunting as beagles but usually only single. These are now 7 weeks old.

[/url] [/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I googled 'Drevers' after you posted this picture, because I have NEVER heard of a drever!! WOW /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif With the similiar body types, hunting instincts and temperment, I can't help but wonder if the two breeds are cousins and who came first.....a beagle or a drever.
The info said Drevers are rare outside of their country of origin, so it makes sense I've never heard of them.
Thanks for posting.......those precious pups are ADORABLE......I think I found a new LOVE :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Those are some of the cutest puppies I've ever seen! I googled them to find out more about them. They look like a Basset/Beagle mix. Just too cute!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cute! I looked them up and grown up they look like beagle-dachsund mixes, stubby legs but can get like a chubby beagle! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
OK, that's even worse torture! They are so incredibly cute. Those fat little puppy bellies and the little puppy grunts as they play. I want one!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi and greetings from Finland! :wave:
First of all, forgive me my bad english but try to understand! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I am the finnish dreverbreeder and hunter.
If I compare drever and beagle, beagle has a little bit higher and shorter body than drever.
The colour of drever is red-white, black-white with tan marks or tricoloured black-brown-white.

Here in Finland we are hunting hare and fox with Finnish hound (2500 reg./ year), beagle (600/year), drever (250-300/ year) and russian hound (100/ year).
We always hunt with single hound, never with packs.
Beagle comes here used as a single hound, too.

In Canada you can find 1-2 Dreverkennels (breeders). The hounds there are imported from Finland.

Here is the URL of a canadian breeder:
http://www.canadogs.com/BreedDrever.htm

...and here to my homepage, in english:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/reino.toivanen/englanti

It could be nice, if you could visit my pages and write a note to the questbook! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I try to put here a pic from my female and her puppies.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
how it doesnt come????? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Now it schould come.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hauska tutustua! :wave:

My Finnish is not good at all but I understand a little! My father is Finnish /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Drevers are so cute... its like a pudgy beagle! The sure are full of spunk...

Repetti your web site is great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
To "We Love Zeus":

Kiitos samoin! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Your finnish is very good! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Yeah, drever is a very good huntinghound in big finnish forests! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
He is hunting slowlier as finnish hound but very surely.
And the "minus-site" of beagle is that he is breeded to packhound and we are hunting only with single ones. This is only my own opinion, ofcourse. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

PS! I dont see your note in my questbook???? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
I really enjoyed reading about and seeing your Drevers. I, like many others, had never seen or heard of the breed. The video of the puppies looked as if they were all having a fun time. Thanks again for introducing me to such a nice, new dog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Kathleen!

Are yoy hunting with your beagles?

What are you hunting with beagles there? Hare, fox, rabbits?
In packs or with single hound?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Repetti your guest book is signed...

I am not sure what mainosbanneri means or how it got on to the bottom on my post in the book but its there hope its nothing bad! I am sure it was user error... :smack:

Sarah

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
I enjoyed looking at your website, especially the litter pictures! It is interesting to learn about a new breed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi again! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I have got 2.10. the new dreverpuppy from Sweden.

Her name is Svattjärns Hanna (Hanna) and she is red-white coloured. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

You can read more on my HP.

Greetings
Reino

1 - 20 of 21 Posts