Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all out of curiosity...

do any of your dogs seem to dream? Luna, 12 weeks old, makes noises when she sleeps. Most of the time, it's VERY light whimpering. Sometimes, she sorta growls/barks lightly. One time, she was sleeping in my lap on the way home from training...and she yelps super loud, kinda like the noise they make when they get bit by another dog.

Im ok with the light whimpering, but her yelping/growling/barking...seems like a nightmare to me.

What do they even dream about!? treats and chasing animals?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe dreams very vividly too, I love watching her run, growl and roll her eyes (clearly at the direction she is looking).

I like to think she is dreaming of running and playing with her doggy friends

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours dream as well. I suppose its a bit like when we dream, sometimes pleasant sometimes nightmares.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That must be the reason for all the kicking and little yelps that come from under the blanket. If its not dreams, then my Beagle sleeps weired.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie's a big dreamer also. At least once or twice a night she whimpers or twitches while she's sleeping. Every now and then she'll have what appears to be a nightmare, where she yelps and growls. That always makes me feel bad.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Toby is a dreamer! I am not sure about Lucky yet, though. Toby does the whimper (the same sound he makes when he sees a rabbit or squirrel) and sometimes the yelp. I think the yelp comes when he dreams that we are out of kibble!!! I always figured the whimpers mean he is chasing a rabbit in his dream!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy dreams a lot! If she seems distressed I just jiggle the bed or whisper her name and it seems to disrupt the bad dream and she settles down with a big sigh.

I wish someone would do that for me when I have a nightmare LOL!!

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
When Caesar sleeps he makes a squeaking sound. I don't know if that's a dream or not. But we have heard the growling and seen the paw twitching like he's running. I always wonder what those dreams are about.

·
Registered
182 Posts
All three of them twitch and move their paws and give out muffled barks from time to time, Blaze more than the boys. I think it's cute.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey does the same thing too. I think it's so cute. She grunts and woofs and her legs go like she's running. If it seems like she's getting too upset I'll shake her to wake her up. Last night, she was sleeping on the couch. Mike was sitting on the floor in front of the couch where she was sleeping. Jersey started dreaming and was kicking Mike in the head. Was too funny.

·
Registered
392 Posts
hahaha aw i love watching puppies dream

probably dreaming about chasing bunnies! haha
snoopy dreams alllll the time... was so funny yesterday at work she was asleep in her crate all silent... suddenly she let out this huge YELP! and woke herself up.
poor thing - must've been a bad dream!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol my little Luna does the same as all of yours. I googled it and learned that they dream about chasing other animals and just being free.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My little Zbój is definitely a dreamer. He's 11 weeks old right now and he still sleeps a lot... I watch him sometimes and I see that he's moving, yelping, etc. When he wakes up he seems a little confused...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts