Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though Bones has been dominant in personality much of her time with us, Spock has always been treated as the alpha dog, especially since we got him 5 months before we got Bones, and he is learning to assert himself, if not always in traditional ways.

Bones has taken to cuddling with everybody and acting like a little lap dog. It really helps that she is adorable and tiny (19 pounds and all muscle); you just want to snuggle with her all the more. Spock gets jealous of the affection we give to her, but instead of nosing his way between us as Bones would do were the situation reversed, he seems to take a passive-aggressive approach. If my boyfriend, Bones, and I are on the big couch in the living room, he will get up and sit on the second couch by himself, sigh heavily, and look at us with sad, accusing eyes. It is really too funny.

Last night, Bones was in the computer room sleeping on the love seat. My boyfriend came in to talk to me as I was checking my email, and we both sat on or near the couch and started snuggling with Bones. Spock had been sleeping at my feet by the computer chair, but when he woke up and saw what was going on, he left the room with an air of disgust. Not too long afterwards, we heard our bedroom door click shut! He went to curl up without us on our bed, and the door closed behind him. It was perfect punctuation to what he must have been thinking.

We could not stop laughing. We began imitating what Spock's train of thought appeared to be: I hate you guys! I'm going to my room! *door slams* You can't help but love a dog like that. We then went into the bedroom and found him under the bedclothes
and lavished attention on him until it was bedtime.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw, ok, drama KING!

Here's a picture of Little Lord Sulkypants sitting on his favorite Bones-free perch, the back of the couch. (It's a cell phone picture because we still haven't found our camera battery charger
)

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL! That is too funny!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, he does look like he's sulking. Too funny.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Gotta love a dog with a mind of his own! Sulkypants is definitely making a statement!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Little Lord Sulkypants

Thank you for giving me my laugh of the day. I needed it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
You definitely win the nickname contest!
Little Lord Sulkypants is the best name for that pose, all right!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts