Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the past several days have brought about a few new elimination habits that i'm not too fond of.

when i take her out, she'll cut a turd or 2, then once i have used and discarded my bag, let out the rest at the last second before going in. what is the deal with that? i hate having to go and get another bag and go outside!

lately she has started to regress and pee in the house. you can always tell because she looks guilty, so i go searching, and find a pee spot.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Two of our four (Booker and Buzz) are morning double poopers - not sure why, but they seem to save some of their poop the first time around and then search for a second special place to deposit it. I have no idea why they do this - Booker always has and Buzz has now started as well... maybe he is following her example. I just make sure I always have lots of bags with me!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Daisy has always been a double pooper. She'll go the first time I take her outside, and then about 10 or 15 minutes later she has to go again.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Mine are doubler's too. Once to get things moving and a second time to get the real job done. I think they get involved in t he neighborhood or walking, and poof(p)....something takes away their concentration on getting the job done. So I pack or my dh does extra bags in our pockets just cause we've learned once is not enough....spreading themselves around :eek:)

Cathy J

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have any of you experienced a regression on the potty training? sophie seems to be forgetting for no reason i can see. i take her out, she does her thing. an hour later, she pees on the floor. before i was taking her out every 2 hours and she was fine with that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bodie usually poops 2-4 times during his morning AND evening walks. I think the walking gets his little bowels moving. It's funny because he can go in his dog run whenever he wants, but he likes to hold it and go during our walks. So we always carry extra bags when we go out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Zelda poops once as soon as she wakes up. Then about an hour after breakfast (no more than that) she will poop at least one more time, but thats if you just let her outside quickly. If we take her for a walk after breakfast, she will poop at least twice or sometimes three times during the one walk.

I guess it just goes right through her??

Sometimes she turns her head around as she's poopin and looks right at us... hahaha its so funny.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly will walk along and make two piles. I always let her finish because pile #2 takes a minutes or two. My greyhounds are poo machines and they go and go and go, especially on a walk.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny also doubles up in the morning. However, Miles , a non Beagle, is a single mission kind of guy.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker likes to poop, then walk a few steps and do it again. Sometimes there is even a third.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts