Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while the kids were walking Diggity and Dotty, Dotty wriggled out of her harness and ran across the road. She had time to sit in the road fo a few sceonds while someone speeding down our street failed to swerve or slow down and struck her. He never stopped, but they got the license plate. In the end, he got a ticket and we lost a good friend. She was barely 2 1/2 years old. Its amazing how all the little things remind you of your buddy when they are no longer there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh I am so terribly sorry. Our sincere condolences

·
Registered
215 Posts
So sorry for your loss - Dotty looked such a beautiful girl and I am sure a wonderful friend.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine how horrible you feel right now. Just take it one day at a time and know the pain will subside over time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I have lost a few dogs during my life and this one was the hardest. One ran away and I always hoped for the best for him, the other two I knew it was coming so I was as prepared as I could be, although it was still awful. But this one was so unexpected, at a young age, and the worst part is that it could have been avoided. I have so much ill will towards the driver of that truck as everything around the house reminds me of her or I expect to see her when I enter a room. Then I look out into the back yard where the dirt is disturbed and I am harshly reminded. We'll get another puppy soon, both for us and Diggity. She is acting very out of sorts. She's extra cuddly and had been sleeping in Dotty's old bed which she never had before. I love these guys, beagles are GREAT dogs, but I wish the endings didn't end like this.
Thanks again,
Erik

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Oh my goodness.....I am so sorry for your loss! Dotty looks like she was a very precious part of your life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.