Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I have noticed something very strange
When I got Chloe as a 12.5 week old pup, she had those little cute spots on her belly. In time, as she grew, the spots faded a lot, and I attributed it to the fact that her skin was stretching from growing up. I loved those little spots, but heck.

Recently (past month or two) I noticed the spots getting their color again, and are more noticeable.

Does that make sense to you?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree, I think they are more noticable this time of year. I've caught myself looking at Buster and thinking he has more spots but then I look at old pictures and they were there then too. They're just darker now.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think, like the freckles on my shoulders, the spots become darker with sun, so in the summer are more noticable. Though Duke's seen to stay on his belly year round. LOL

·
Registered
271 Posts
My dalmation has pink under his fur and the vet told me to be careful because he is so light he can sunburn easily. I guess my point is the spots probably do change with the seasons.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Perfectly Beagle. Vinny is the king of spots.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Holy wow! Vinny is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vinny is such a handsome boy! I love his chest freckles.

Eleanor, as for Chloe's spots, I do think they tend to be like human freckles and get more pronounced in the summer. I love Jersey's Beagle Belly Freckles. I give her Beagle Belly Rubs on her Beagle Belly Freckles all the time. I even have a song that goes along with the belly rub.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jerseyI even have a song that goes along with the belly rub.
The Beagle Belly Freckle Rub song -- of course!!! Doesn't everyone know that song?
(Sorry, Jen -- you opened yourself up for that one!)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally Posted By: judymaggie
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jerseyI even have a song that goes along with the belly rub.
The Beagle Belly Freckle Rub song -- of course!!! Doesn't everyone know that song?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie is changing all the time. She is two and her color has never stopped changing. Her spots change and she is continually getting more brown in her fur.

·
Registered
223 Posts
wow! he looks very muscular. Arty's chest is covered in fur so you cant see his spots, although he does have freckles down his furry legs.

One time I was dying my hair and Arty was being so adorable that I bent over and gave him a kiss.. but I must have gotten a small spot of dye on his arm bc the next day I saw a new spot that was more of a purplish brown .. and every since then the color has faded more into a smear of color rather than a pinpointed dog, but its still cute.

Oh! and I noticed that arty's eyeliner seems to have gotten darker in the summer.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally Posted By: judymaggie
OK, actually you're pretty close there Judy! It's not a very creative song. And, yes, I know I set myself up on that one. But hey, if I can't embarrass myself in front of friends, who can I embarrass myself in front of?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts