Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that's what i was suffering from yesterday!
dog + total naughtiness = dogstration
frustration caused by a dog.

yesterday she refused to go outside. she would wait till i brought her in, and do it as soon as she go in. not in the building, in our <span style="text-decoration: underline">apt.</span>
then, my stepson came home and i had to take him to a dentist appt which is literally a block and a half away. we were gone 20 minutes. in and out.
i had put her in the crate, but i left her harness on her, because we had just come in, and i ALWAYS take her out when she comes out of the crate. well, she chewed her pretty pink harness into little tiny bits!
you can't imagine how much bitter apple i have soaked into that thing! i hope today is a better day.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ahhh, I feel your pain! Cole does the same thing with regards to doing his business. I did not have these issues with Roscoe, we are taking it day by day and it is getting better!

Roscoe on the other hand has chewed through many a harness. As much of a pain as it is, we have to take the harness off and put it on EVERY time!

The joys of dog ownership

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Harnesses are the only way to walk our dogs, but I cannot and will not leave one on them when we get back. I should have stock in the companies that make dog harnesses as there are so many that have been chewed through around here that I could probably wrap the earth in them. lol We can't even leave one on the table or counter because they steal it and destroy it. You would think that they would love them because they know it means a walk, but oh no...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i can understand dogsrtration:

i usually put my Deogee in the utility room in the basement when i am at work (cement floor and little to destroy)---well, she recently discovered that drywall is only 1/2 inch thick...... get the picture.......

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I feel your pain.

Menolly has destroyed a section of carpet that began as a little loose thread- and grew to a hole that measures 18 inches by 5 inches- right under the doorway, including the pad and going all the way down to the concrete- in a rented house! She has evidently lost interest in it but she still steals and destroys washcloths, towels, and socks. Thank goodness the towel problem will be solved when we move- the new house has high linen cupboards! And that's a short list....

She has not chewed her harness (as I gaurd it like it's gold), but she did chew right through one of her leashes and has begun chewing through her other one. Now I'm glad I still have the leashes from our other dogs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sophie chewed her first leash right after we got it. i chalked that up to puppy-ness. today she seems to be back on track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts