Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miles, our Min-Pin/Jack Russell and Vinny's buddy, has been almost lifeless in his demeaner lately.

I think he knows something happened to Vinny because he goes into Vinny's cage, he never used to do that. We make it a point to take him on walks so he can see some other dogs. The wife and I have been very careful not to leave him alone for very long. Sometimes when Vinny would go to the vet alone, Miles would spend nearly the entire time running from window to window waiting looking for Vinny to come back home. I wonder if dogs grieve like humans do?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh, so sad, poor baby, he needs time to heal too

·
Registered
421 Posts
before we had these beagles we had a lab (woody) and a pit/lab
(tia)

woody and tia grew up together and were like brother and sister.
love on a level you don't see every day.
woody was dying from cancer, and tia was noticably bothered by it. she was hit by a truck and died when she escaped the house one day. woody died that night. i swear he knew she was gone, and he let go.

R.I.P. http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/woodyandtia.jpg

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm convinced they do grieve.

We had a lab and a cat who were best of friends. Leo (the cat) got sick and was in kidney failure and Toby(the lab) stayed with him. When we brought Leo to the vet (at this point not knowing he was that sick)and finally had to have him put down. I found Toby two or three times out of the yard wandering. Toby would never leave the yard even if the gate was open before. I think she was searching for her friend. It took her about a year to get over it.

Give Miles time and extra hugs!!!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
There is research evidence that animals do grieve. Poor Miles knows his buddy is gone. You are doing the right thing in spending extra time with him.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Originally Posted By: SephlyI firmly believe that dogs grieve, I'm sure your little guy is just missing his bud, give him extra cuddles for us.
I agree, he will need time to realize what has happened to friend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts