Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The town i live in put up lighted christmas decorations on the street lights i have one outside my house that Kass can not stand all he does is bark and growl at this thing.Normally a bit of barking is not an issue but i work nights so my dogs time with me and walks are usually at night(most normal people sleep)I do not want to wake the neighbors,what should i do?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Does he bark during the day or only when the decoration is lit up. If at night do you have blinds on the windows or curtains that you could close? Walking down the road must be a problem as I suppose there are loads of these things?
You could try saying NO to Kass when he barks and when he is quiet give a treat. Have you tried making him sit under the thing? Remain calm yourself, to show him its harmless. If that fails maybe ask the authorities if they could remove the one outside your house.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
Is Kass Jewish?
I can actually testify to the fact the Jewish people like the concept of Christmas.... besides the fact that Jesus was born Jewish!

About Kass, what about trying to lure him with a yummy treat? But don't give him the treat until he stops barking, then give him bits of it to keep him quiet. Do that for a while and when he will realize sooner than later that he is better off silent

Worth a try..

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Sounds like it's time to resort to the spray bottle if he doesn't stop barking. Maggie is an incessant barker, and we've recently started spraying her with water every time she barks unnecessarily...like if a leaf falls off the tree, or if a speck of dust floats by. LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried the spray bottle last night and Kass was barking at the candycane and trying to drink the water at the same time....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts