Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy Sydney and Shasta love cats. My neighbor got a cat that is the same age as Sydney and when Sydney first met it she didnt want to leave it, she had so much fun playing with it!
Then one day the cat was in my neighbors back yard and of course the NOSES smelled it so they dug a hole big enough for shasta to fit through and sydney was trying to get through, that is how we found out were shasta was!!!!
Here is some pics of Sydney and the cat!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great pictures! Booker and Moose put cats in the same category as squirrels and rabbits - in other words something to chase, preferably in "full beagle" mode - so I can't imagine them ever cozy-ing up to a cat like Sydney. I'm not sure what Popcorn is like around cats as I don't think I've ever seen her around one, but given that she picks up all of the others' habits (good and mostly bad), I suspect she would also like to snack on them if she had the chance!

·
Registered
326 Posts
We have a cat (Russian Blue) and she's around 7 years old. She's been by herself for the past 8 weeks since moving into our new house. She isn't too impressed with having two puppies barking at her and running after her when she runs away, but I'm sure in time, they'll be friends.

She has lived with dogs before, but that was a while ago... Will be interesting to see how things go.

(... Erin)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky is not nice to poor cats. He chases them and tries to chew on them at every opportunity. He thinks they are a chew toy. If they make noise, he likes them even more!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh that is so sweet! I'm afraid all our beagles have hated cats apart from Bilbo, who tolerated the cat upstairs. Susi and Snoopy go crazy if they see a cat.
I love the photo of your beagle on her back and the cat snuggling next to her.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What sweet pictures! :heart: My Miss Priss and Shadow, one of my Rainbow Bridge dogs, were the best of friends. I'm sad to say that Li'l Girl has rejected overtures from Miss Priss because of, what I believe is, a jealousy issue about my affections. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Miss Priss is 14 years old, and has trained several dogs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Our dogs consider her one of the pack, but have no tolerance for other cats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
786 Posts
I love the pictures!!!
Donny is our 12 year old cat and he's been through several dogs in his life. I really think he's enjoying the girls. He'll run down the hall to the bedroom and usually once they see him run, they chase him. But the funniest part if once he's in the bedroom he turns on them and they have to put on the air brakes and run as fast as they can away from him. You can almost see him sitting there laughing at them. :hi:
Last night they are sitting on the couch quietly, and he jumped up, well you can see the girls held there breath until he jumped down.

We know who rules in our house>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts