Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many new members here... How many of you were former members of "DJ"? This question has not been posted for a long time & I would also like to ask how long most of you have "been owned" by a beagle? Pop had one in his early teens as I did & "the rest is history"! :thumbup: (For the new "owners", Goober is 15, Rufus is 11, Nibbler is 7 & Homer-the-Huge is nearly 5! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I was not a member of dog junction. Maggie is my first beagle, but definitely won't be my only beagle. I have had her a little less than a year.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was not a member of DJ either. My girls, Cecil and Brandy are the first and I am going to grow old with them. I didn't have dogs as a child and had cats as an adult, but always wanted a beagle dating back to age 5-6. When I met my hubby he had a young kitty and I told him that when kitty passed to rainbow ridge, I wanted a beagle named Cecil (after my beloved uncle who introduced me to dogs in the summer). After 15 wonderful years with Kitty, she left for a better place. Two months later we started looking. I spoted an ad and we went to look...such cute beagle puppies all 8-1/2 wks old. One little girl came running to me and never left my side while another bigger little girl just kept getting into every thing she could find to get into. I paid the man for my little Cecil, who never left my side and my hubby turned around and said "will you take a check?' and picked up Brandy and from then on it's all history. They are now 20 months old and have owned us and blessed up with more joy and unconditional love than one can imagine. If we are lucky enough for them to stay healthy and live out their lives to be old beagles, I will be between 75 and 80. They shall keep me young.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I was not a member of DJ.

My name is Jamie, Abby is my beagle.
She was born May 15, 2005. I've had her since August 27, 2005 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif We adopted her from a breeder.

She stole my heart the second I saw her :heart:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was a member of Dog Junction, when we first got Pooder, I had lots of beagle questions. now that Pooder is long gone (but not forgotten) I live my beagle life through all your trals and tribulations...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was a member of DogJunction. Joined just before Murphy got hurt (1999). I wish I could have had his member list when I started BW. But since he was selling DJ, it was a no-go. We have been owned for the last 11 years.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Well I am Jennifer and I was not a member of DJ.

Spencer was my first beagle and I have had him a littl eover 2 years. Sydney is my 2nd beagle and have had her about a year and a half.

I don't know if I will ever be able to own another breed, I am hooked on Beagles, I think I am a lifer!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was a member of DJ. Li'l Girl is my 4th beagle or beagle mix. She's approximately 8 years old. I've been owned by the little hounds since I was given Gunner, my beagle/doxie mix, in 1973. :heart:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know I was not a memeber of DJ as my 2 Girls are the fisrt Beagles I have ever had own me.

Prior to being a Beagle Mommy, I was a Chihuahua Mommy. I lost Anniegirl in 10/05. It took me a long time and a lot of research to decide on a Beagle. Then I went to pick one out and got my heart stolen by 2 of the Girls. Now Lillie and Chloe are the most spoilt, well feed, most loved Doggies on our block (and not just me and Hubby love and spoil them, but all the neighbors, their kids and even the neighbor German Shepard that jumps the fence into our yard when she wants to play with the Girls and when she is done, jumps back over on her side).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I found DogJunction when I rescued the Bagel from the kill-shelter some 9 years ago! Sure got a lot of good beagle related advice from several of the regulars including Kristine Kraeuter. Joe, I sure wish you could have got the DJ list.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have never heard of dog junction :freak:
but I got my first beagle Tansy in 1981 and have been owned by at least one ever since :bounce:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yep as you know Red I was a member of Dog Junction. I have been a Beagle owner for over 9 years since I got Lilly as a 13 week old puppy. I would never have another breed except maybe a Bassett Hound

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all! :thumbup: And Joe, even though you did not get "the list"...It would appear that we have many of the active former members of DJ! :thumbup: We are in good company & growing! :happyhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
I'm here! I'm here! *huff puff...* Running late. I am an old DJer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Oh... forgot to add that I became owned on my 50th birthday in 2001 by Lady Bossy Britches Megan. Six months later came Darwin and he has his fifth birthday next month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.