Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your Beagle wear doggy clothes?
I bought Baxter a t shirt and he loves it. I found a free online pattern and plan to sew some more shirts and thicker coats for this winter. Because he a wimp in just 45=50 degree weather we have recently had(ok, so am I)I live in Minnesota and thats nothing.
I just wondered how many dress their beags.
My husband thinks Im a weirdo..lol

And if you feel compelled, post a pic of your stylin beag!
Baxter is comfy in my lap, I will add a picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I know that we are going to have to get Casie a sweater this winter. He's from MN, too, but has never felt the cold SD winter's wind. Poor baby, he's skin and bones...maybe that's why Cobi is a little heavier he knows winter is on it's way. Nope it's too much food and too little exercise with Dad.

Cathy J

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I don't dress Maggie. If we lived where the weather got really cold I might get a sweater for winter walks but she doesn't seem bothered by weather.

·
Registered
276 Posts
we put sweaters on Rocky and Daisy in the winter they shiver in 40's and 50's and below...where did you find the pattern?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Here in NYC, the weather tends to get very cold during the winter. When it drops from 45 (appx.) I put something on Chloe. She is so tiny, she shivers a few minutes after we walk out the door.

This one is her first howl on camera
It was soooooo cold that day (last winter). That's the heavy duty coat. It's very warm, but on very very cold days, I put an additional sweater on her under that coat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just found a pattern online at
http://www.sewing.circleofcrafters.com/freepetvestpattern.html
there's different patterns for different sizes, though i'll probably just make my own pattern for Monty. My best friend has a miniture pinser so we're going to make clothes for him too. looks like fun!

Right now monty has a hoody he loves to wear, but it's getting tight!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes, Lucky wears shirts and sweatshirts. He has a Clemson shirt and Halloween shirts. He has a ton of sweatshirts to keep him warm in the winter. He also has a new costume for Halloween each year. I think he hates me!

Here is one of his Halloween shirts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally Posted By: Letty _&_MontyI just found a pattern online at
http://www.sewing.circleofcrafters.com/freepetvestpattern.html
there's different patterns for different sizes, though i'll probably just make my own pattern for Monty. My best friend has a miniture pinser so we're going to make clothes for him too. looks like fun!

Right now monty has a hoody he loves to wear, but it's getting tight!
Yes thats the pattern i found.
And actually the pattern company's McCalls and Butterick have pet patterns..I found them on ebay. lol
Does anyone use booties? Im thinking Baxter is gonna need those too. I did find a decent pattern online for that too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Guilty as charged!!

Daisy in her hoody:

Halloween last year:

Game day:

Just for fun (yes, those were my socks):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts