Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Incredible! Obviously you are not in a city with lots of lights on!
techie
Actually there is a street light right next to my house so its not as dark as I would like for sky watching. I can see the Saturn rings but my camera doesn't capture the detail through the telescope lens.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Cassie those pictures are stunning!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cassie those pictures are stunning!
Thanks so much...seeing through the telescope is an awesome experience. Would you believe no one in my family is interested in my hobby but they like the pictures I send them. I used to go to Star Parties with many other astronomers in our park. It got difficult packing and unpacking the equipment. Its held in the dark with a live band playing etherial music...totally neat. I didn't particularity like a coyote lurking in the bushes behind me.
I've gotten my little granddaughter interested in planets...bought her a shirt, socks, stuffed earth, and book with the planet theme. She knows Jupiter is the biggest...lol. She'll be going to a school in September sponsored by NASA...school of science and technology...an astronomer in the making?!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have a friend who is an astronomer - I met him at camp - and I remember when we both worked there him doing 'guided' meteor showers - one of my cool memories! I love looking at the stars when we're camping even though I think everything looks like a dipper to me!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts