Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to find out what hobbies our forum owners have besides their beags so I'll start it off...
I have enjoyed painting and creating art for many years. My art pieces have been published in an art magazine several times.
Now I have a hobby that no one in my family shares...you'll find me outside alone in the late night hours...I'm an amateur astronomer... here are a few pictures Im sharing I took through my telescope.
(Moon,Saturn,Mars,Jupiter, International space station).

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
That's very cool about astronomy! I love watching the night sky, but, full confession time, everything looks like a dipper to me. I love meteor showers!!!!!

I'm a (currently very out of shape) trail and ultra runner. Furthest I've run is 50 miles. I do bring the dogs on some runs, but not all of them.

I also like hiking, backpacking, and camping, though the dogs tend to come there too. It's one reason I adopted Luc (my first dog), because he could come on my vacations!

Though, I like winter camping, and my dogs are all wimps, so I don't bring them.

I knit very poorly. Mostly hats, though I made a simple sweater once. I have felted with wool, but don't tend to do that as I find it difficult to make useful things with them. I did enjoy it though.

Some hobbies have fallen by the wayside that I'd like to get into again - I used to go to a lot of indie music shows and smaller more obscure groups, and was really into following that.

Vegan/vegetarian cooking! And I like cooking Toby stuff with meat too even if I don't eat it. I do enjoy cooking and baking. Vegan baking is fun! Unless you're making sesame street sugar cookies, and then they don't turn out and you're really sad.

·
Registered
941 Posts
And I'm very impressed by your art skills...sweet!

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Wow you two have great hobbies! I have some health issues so I end up watching a lot of TV but should get my butt in gear and take some online courses or get back into my artwork (my degree is in art but I do office work).

One of my hobbies is being an Admin/Moderator on beagle forums (this one and another).

Boating is our main hobby for summer. We have a fairly large Bayliner boat with a cabin which has a bed, kitchen and bathroom.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Because of health issues I have had to give up a number of my former hobbies I used to paint, learn cello, and sew. Now I am am mainly working on keeping the 35 pounds lost via diet and exercise from coming back :D

techie

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am an artist (drawing, painting, pyrography, although educated as a musician). I am currently working on my portfolio (which, of course, with a new puppy Beagle can be hard, but I'm catching up when she is asleep). I will be turning the hobby into work soon and will be approaching tattoo shops here in the Netherlands for aa tattoo apprenticeship. I had one back home, but I didn't feel I was learning much tattooing-wise, so I am hoping for some great outcome here as there are great tattoo studios here in Rotterdam :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Last year I started taking an interest in night photography. I went to Yellowknife to see the northern lights. I also like to take pictures of the sun just before it rises over the trees. Just new at it so still have a lot to learn but quite enjoy it. We have a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere which provides a perfect back drops for photos.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Last year I started taking an interest in night photography. I went to Yellowknife to see the northern lights. I also like to take pictures of the sun just before it rises over the trees. Just new at it so still have a lot to learn but quite enjoy it. We have a fishing cabin in the middle of nowhere which provides a perfect back drops for photos.
Ooooh you got to go to Yellowknife I am super jealous! For all the time I spend outside, I don't tend to go further north than Superior, and have never been lucky enough to see the northern lights. That's a dream!

·
Registered
941 Posts
And my goodness but this is an artistic forum! Wow!

You're all so impressive :)

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
I am an artist (drawing, painting, pyrography, although educated as a musician). I am currently working on my portfolio (which, of course, with a new puppy Beagle can be hard, but I'm catching up when she is asleep). I will be turning the hobby into work soon and will be approaching tattoo shops here in the Netherlands for aa tattoo apprenticeship. I had one back home, but I didn't feel I was learning much tattooing-wise, so I am hoping for some great outcome here as there are great tattoo studios here in Rotterdam :D
That is so cool. I used to do drawings for a tattoo shop. I have some ink and my hubby has a whole bunch. Good luck finding a shop to work. :)

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The evening of June 10th and a few days after is going to be a great time to see Jupiter and 4 moons. Look for our moon and if you imagine a line down you will see Jupiter and then also Saturn which looks like a star without a telescope. Can be seen in Canada too.
Guess where I'll be...lol!!
Ok, report back...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Cassie that’s amazing. I think there’s too
much light pollution where I am so I’m glad you shared this!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jupiter can be seen with the naked eye right now...it looks like a bright star opposite of the moon . I have a lot of light pollution...my telescope is next to a street light. Give it a look.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I will. Pouring now and cloudy tonight but I’ll try tomorrow

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update...
Saturn was in opposition Tuesday night to the sun which helped me locate it since it looks like a tiny star with the naked eye. I also got Jupiter and its moons..enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts