Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I only use the liquid for ours. I will tell you all something though...Do NOT use products for humans on your dogs. I had a puppy in one of our litters that cost me quite a substantial amount due to an allergy to the men's body wash I used on it. I loved the smell and the dogs seemed to maintain the smell longer than when I use doggy shampoo so I had used it for quite awhile. That is until this pup had the allergic reaction. Now I use nothing but real dog shampoo.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I am big on eco-friendly, non-chemical products and am in the process of switching to better quality, safer I products. I have been using Mrs. Meyers cleaing products for a few years now and LOVE them. I just found out they also put out pet care products. They have an Oatmeal shampoo that I am going to try. I will keep you posted if anyone is interested!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a bottle of Melaluca pet shampoo (bought in the short time period that I got suckered into being a member). It is pretty good, but has a funny smell. In a pinch I have also used some of my stepkid's gentle kids shampoo.

·
Registered
847 Posts
We usually buy the cheapest pet shampoo we can find. The reason is we go through it pretty fast. I like to just squeeze A LOT of shampoo when washing Bodie. And many times I'll rinse and wash him again just to make sure we get him good and clean.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i know what you mean Brien, we go through alot of liquid soap too! which is why i've been thinking about the soap bars, mainly because it would reduce the amount of soap used i swaer when i pour soap on him most of it goes right down the drain. Idk I'm still thinking about it. These are the two i'm considering

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19679487
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_10&listing_id=19338378

It seems easier then fumbling with a bottle but i was hoping someone has tried some sort of soap bar.

Beagle tails i made the same mistake with my golden! we used people shampoo since we were told bathe once a month with doggie shampoo and use ppl shampoo if you need to bathe more then once because it'll damage their hair if you dont Well one day i ran out of the kind we normally use and i used some kind of weird shampoo we had (my aunts a hair stylest brings home weird shampoos) and the poor thing was pink and itchy all day! had to go to the vet it was such an ordeal....never again. Is the pup ok tho?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like the Arm&Hammer Fresh&Clean, it smells really good and they don't get itchy. I've also had good experience with Just add Water from Target.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Neighbor! We use the Petco Brand Oatmeal shampoo. That pup gets more compliments on his coat! We use a couple of face cloths which I think cuts down on the amount of shampoo we use per bath. It's a pretty large bottle of shampoo and it was $7.99 and you can usually find a coupon for them.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My grandma asked me to do some research on a shampoo that would be easier on her little white fluffy mutt Dusty. The shampoo she's been using (she didn't mention what it was) leaves his skin red and itchy. So this is a timely discussion for me!

I will have to look up the brand that my boyfriend and I use on our dogs. I just know that I am crazy about its ginger scent.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I found this today at the store and bought it right away... quite the splurge though.

We don't bathe Zelda very often at all... but lately she has been starting to smell. I like to call the smell feet and cheesey popcorn. But I find that washing her with good ol' doggy soap/shampoo and water dries out her coat.

I use Bed Head products on MY hair all the time.. and i found it absolutely hilarious that they make them for pets now. This stuff seems neat to take away the outside smell and freshen her up in between her real baths (she's only had about 4 real baths before).

Oh, and words cannot describe how delicious this spray smells.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How awesome. I hope the smell lasts longer than some of the ones I have purchased before though. They only smell good until they dry. :eek:(

·
Registered
114 Posts
We use Alloveen. Jesie has sensitive skin so its great for her and makes both Jesie & JoJo smell devine. the lovely smell lasts for a good week aswell!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i love bed head stuff!!! i'm gonna get that for teddy, we bathe him all the time (ever 2-3 weeks) my mom's obsessed with everything smelling good so if he even remotely smelles doggish its bathtime i can't wait to try that stuff on him! i'm sure it'll make the parental units happy. i hope it smells like my bed head hair gel

·
Registered
504 Posts
I use baby shampoo. Soft and easy ont he coat, and you don't have to stress getting it in the pups eyes. I always have had a problem in the past, dog smelling good but when you went to kiss it in the face, it's face stunk! So, baby shampoo works for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the bed hound dog shampoo! Someone above mentioned a product from Bed hound. Its such a cute name and the products are amazing and smell awesome. My favorite product is the Berry Deep Multi Purpose Shampoo

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I used baby shampoo on Molly until she was an adult. Now, I use Fresh n Clean and she smells good for days with that stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts