Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any of you guys tried using a childs life vest for your beagle?someone gave me a childs one that fits him but not sure how it would work.i know they have ones made for dogs but wanted to see if this would work first.we got our first boat and i am so excited to take homer out on it but i'm so paranoid about him drowning when he swims in the lake with us since he hates water-maybe he will learn to like it when we are in it too playing with him)i know he can swim-he did a little in shallow water.i plan on hooking a long cable to the boat and his collar just in case he gets out of our reach and goes under or something-at least i have something to grab onto instead of diving for him.am i being too paranoid???

·
Registered
9 Posts
My beagle Miley loves her boat rides but hates the water. I've never tried the child's life jacket but if I were you I would get the doggy vest since it has the handle on the back and you can easily pick her out of the water if she falls off the boat. It surprises me that Miley's hatred of water never stops her from getting very close to the edge of the boat. I think she wants to jump in the tube with the kids. A vest is a very good idea. I don't think you are paranoid!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts