Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got off work early today. It was a gorgeous spring day here in Florida so I thought I'd take Jersey to the dog park. The small dog side was closed for some reason, so I took her over to the big dog side. There were several small dogs over there, plus two bigger ones. One was a bulldog, the other was a bull mastiff, both of them un-neutered. The bulldog was fine. A little slobbery, but otherwise OK. The bull mastiff was another story. He was so domineering! He wasn't agressive at all, just very dominant. Poor Jersey couldn't move anywhere without him towering over her. If she tried to run, he would move in front of her. Finally she jumped up on the bench with me and then he just stood in front of her so she still couldn't move! The owners? Well, they just sat over on the bench next to me talking to another lady! Every once in a while they'd look up and say "No Deisel! Leave her be!" but they really couldn't have cared less that he was being so dominant. Finally, I just took Jersey and left. They didn't even apologize. I've had times when Jersey was being a pain in the butt at the park before and I took her out of the park. I hate people sometimes!! I should have stayed home and made her some treats. It would have been a better afternoon!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm sorry you had a bad day. Some people are just jerks, irresponsible pet owners. Try to forget about it. You two can have your own fun somewhere else. Poor Jersey, it's not her fault.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's too bad that a beautiful afternoon was spoiled by inconsiderate people. Seems like courtesy is almost extinct these days. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Maybe that's why we prefer living in the woods with our furkids. :hi:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
People like that remind me of people with kids who think that everybody enjoys their little sweet'ums as much as they do!

Those types drive me nuts!!!!

Sorry you and Jersey had to leave...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a bummer -- especially after having to be apart yesterday! I think special treats are in order for both of you.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Boy, major bummer - girls' day out ruined by some clueless jerk! :freak:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Sorry your afternoon was spoiled by some idiot. Give Jersey a hug from us.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I have kids...I love my kids, however I do not want someone ele's kids bothering me, slobbering on me, bugging me, underfoot, or harassing my kids while the parents sit, obliviously or uncaringly, chatting, while I'm following my children around the playground making sure they're safe and not annoying some kid or parent.

I would walk up to the owners say "I'd appreciate it if you would keep your dog away from us" and walk away.

Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
People like that remind me of people with kids who think that everybody enjoys their little sweet'ums as much as they do!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Aww sorry your day was spoilt.

I would have said something to them I'm afraid. I'm not one for holding back when it comes to speaking my mind whether it's other people not controlling their dogs or kids.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sorry about the rough experience, some people don't feel the need to take responsibility. I'm always following Fin around to make sure he behaves himself, which he usually does.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unpleasant dog park experience - our gang isn't always the most well-behaved at the dog park but we do try to keep them in line as best we can... My personal pet peeve are the ball-throwers who think that for some reason at a busy dog park they should be able to expect that NO other dog will ever get their dog's ball. Moosie is a veteran ball-stealer - plus when he gets another dog's ball it all becomes a great keep-away game for him (even Marc cannot always get him to relinquish the ball, and Moosie usually listens to every word Marc says). Most dog owners are okay and just laugh it off, but a few get agitated and demand that we get their stupid ball back NOW... and ensure that Moose will not take the ball even if thrown directly at him. Ugh!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have often wondered how people that are that dumb and clueless could even pass the written exam to drive and thereby get themselves to the dog park. I sometimes thing the gene pool is getting shallower and shallower. :eyes:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have never been to a dog park, only by one and it was COLD outside so no one was there. I always wondered how the Beagle nose would react to all those smells.

Hope your next trip is a better one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts