Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to be post happy today....
I have been thinking about enrolling Baxter in an obediance class. I am not sure if it is necessary or not. I have waited until now to do it because he does all of the commands they teach in the puppy course they offer here. The next level is the stuff he lacks in.
I have never had a dog in obediance classes so i have no idea if they are helpful or not??
What do you all think? Any Advice?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
If you were thinking about it, it's for a reason!

Don't think, just do it! It would do wonders to your bond with Baxter, and will help you handling him. I'm for it

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I recommend them. We took Sadie and Pooh Bear to Puppy Kindergarden when they were very little. It was a great class, but ours were too immature for it. Pooh Bear slept through the classes. I held him up on my shoulder like an infant and Sadie ran around like a wild heathen. We never did re-inroll and I wish we had.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky went to beginner and intermediate classes at Petsmart. It did wonders for his behavior. I highly recommend the classes. I meant to bring Lucky back to do advanced but never did. We still practice all our commands daily.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. Not only did Duke learn from puppy school, but he had a great time doing it and it socialized him so well. We plan to go back and take Duke and Violet together for advanced classes.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
YES! Without a doubt, YES! It was the best thing we ever did with Jersey. We did puppy and intermediate and I'm thinking about going back for round three. We had so much fun, Jersey learned so much, she got exposed to being around other dogs and people...it was just great. Jersey's behavior improved so much just after a few weeks of puppy classes. Even if it's just a cheap class at PetSmart (That's all we did), it's worth the time, money and effort involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts