Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey eats Kibbles'n Bits Homestyle He pick out what he likes to eat and leave the rest of it. Anyone out there with this kind of dog food that your Beagle pick out and leave the rest or ate all of it? He use to like Ceasar dog food when he was puppy and got tired of it and I have tried different kinds to see what he'll eat. He is a picky eater.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
To be honest, I don't pay much attention to those reviews of dog food. Lucky is such a picky eater that I am glad I found a food he will eat. Lucky eats Purina Beneful which I know is not rated high. But he's healthy and has no problems. I'm sticking with what works. Also, I can't afford high dollar dog food just because it is more healthy for him. Lucky is very active and Beneful works well for him.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by LuckyBeagle:
he's healthy and has no problems. I'm sticking with what works.
I couldn't agree with you more. A co-worker of mine feeds her dog Wellness but at $70.00 a bag that is just to rich for my wallet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I feed them with Eagle Pack Chicken and Rice, which is holistic. Mine are picky beagles too, and they just love it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
291 Posts
I can just see Bailey carefully avoiding the kibbles he doesn't like. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Quote:Originally posted by siera27:
I couldn't agree with you more. A co-worker of mine feeds her dog Wellness but at $70.00 a bag that is just to rich for my wallet.
My goodness! How long does that last her, and how many dogs does she have? There's no way I could justify spending $70 a month on my small dog. Unless it was a medical food, of course.

I have a picky eater too, who'd probably prefer another food since he doesn't gobble up what he gets the way everyone else's beagles seem to. It's the healthiest food that is readily available, in my budget, and that doesn't cause any digestive problems though so Gage will just have to accept it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
hi all

I have a picky eater- Caleb and have just about exhausted most of the foods here in UK, including Burns, Arden Grange, Wafcol, JWB, Hills Science.etc...

The only food he will eat is Pedigree mixer with pedigree chicken tinned meat with gravy or oil. The girls eat what Caleb will eat as the greedy pair will eat everything. Gwenni has Pedigree Puppy complete and loves it!

Having a picky dog can be very fustrating and upsetting, I shed many a tear over Calebs fussiness as he was hard to get weight on but is a sturdy perfect boy now!!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I used to feed Kibbles and Bits. Shiloh definately preferred the bits to the kibbles! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Now she gets Purina Beneful. She likes it as well as any dry food, I guess. And it's more in my price range than the "high priced spread." ($70 a bag for food!! Wow!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif ) Her preferances run toward canned dog food, treats, cheese, bread and table scraps, of course. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Beneful, healthy weight formula, has a good amount of fiber which helps empty the anal glands, I think.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by K & G:
I can just see Bailey carefully avoiding the kibbles he doesn't like. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

My goodness! How long does that last her, and how many dogs does she have?

She has a mixed husky and german sheppard and I think the bag last about a month.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hard to imagine a fussy eater beagle!! All 4 of ours have stuffed down anything we put before them. Our present two eat canned food mixed with a bit of dried. Costs us about 20 Euro a week for the two dogs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
She has a mixed husky and german sheppard and I think the bag last about a month.
Oh okay, so she has two large dogs. I'm not as shocked by that price now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No K & G

It's one dog it's half Husky and Half german sheppard

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I guess your back to being shocked at the price...lol

Andy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Haha. I thought you meant she had a husky mix and a shepherd. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Just out of boredom, I went to the website of the food Gage gets and figured out it would cost about $50 to feed it to a small shepherd. So yep. Shocked again. That must be some great food. Thank heavens for little dogs, I guess.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm with the don't pay much attention to dog food reviews if my dogs do well on what they're eating. They get dry mixed with a very small amount of canned plus very small portions of what I save for them from our supper. With 4 dogs, it'd really strain my budget to spend $70 per bag for food. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.