Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago, there were a couple of threads about possible problems with a dog food brand. There were negative comments on the internet. There was no recall and only sketchy information about the problems people were having. In other words, not real proof of a problem with the food. I have fed this particular food, for years, with no issues.

Whatever brand of dog food you feed, there could always potentially be a problem with a bad batch. Therefore, I wanted to pass on this information, which you may find helpful.... I do not keep my dog food in the bag. I purchase a 30 pound bag and put it into a large plastic dog food container. Perhaps you do this too. It is imperative to keep the information from the bag. On the back side of the bag, you will find a production code, a bar code, and the plant where the food was manufactured. The production code includes the expiration date. Should there be a recall, on your brand of food, you will need all of this information. Cut that portion of the bag and keep it with your food bin. I do this every time I purchase a new bag.

Secondly, if you purchase from a shop, ask the manager, if there have been any recalls and/or customer complaints about your brand of food. They will know if any customers complained/returned food purchased from THEIR store.

I honestly think that doing these things will give you more peace of mind. And - you will always be able to quickly check your manufacturing info., if need be.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Good info. I always save my barcodes because Fromm has a frequent buyer program so we save a bunch and get a bag free. I don't think Fromm has ever had a recall but I always keep an eye out.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly, Joann & Cheryl. You have to watch for those recalls. But - it won't do you any good, unless you can check to see if that is what you bought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Thanks for the useful information! This is really very important. Dogs are really very sensitive to the food we give them Therefore, it is important to feed your dogs only with proven feeds. Although everyone has bad parties, I agree with you. I love when my Lucky One is happy and healthy. Then he is full of energy and has a lot of fun with him. I often pamper him with goodies and recently found a website with natural goodies dogeatguide.com . Delicious and healthy fruits for the dogs and puppies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts