Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sach keeps scratching everywhere in the house. There are fur and a little black like pepper spots that keep falling from his skin. I took him to the vet and, after an examination, came to know that it was dog fleas. He prescribed an injection, and we have been treating him the same for a while now, and there seems to be not much of a difference. We decided to look for an alternative solution online and came across a website that offered some flea tablets and sprays. Has anyone bought such dog flea medicines for their pet? Could someone help and advise me on this?

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Take your dog to a groomer for a flea shampoo bath or do it yourself . I give my dog a monthly treatment. I buy Advantix II for fleas and ticks and apply it as directed and she has never had fleas. Its drops you put on the back and neck of the dog. Wash all bedding and dont allow the dog on furniture until you get this resolved.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I echo the bath.

We use Bravecto to stop stuff like fleas and ticks. It's an edible tablet, they love them (think they're treats). We moved to an edible treatment as Neb is part husky and it was very difficult to apply through his thick fur.

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
You may need to bug bomb your house. Be sure to wash all of the bedding and shake out carpets, bathmats etc. Flea eggs get everywhere unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My sach keeps scratching everywhere in the house. There are fur and a little black like pepper spots that keep falling from his skin. I took him to the vet and, after an examination, came to know that it was dog fleas. He prescribed an injection, and we have been treating him the same for a while now, and there seems to be not much of a difference. We decided to look for an alternative solution online and came across a website that offered some flea tablets and sprays. Has anyone bought such dog flea medicines for their pet? Could someone help and advise me on this?
I recently noticed a few fleas on Chessie and looked online for a home remedy and decided to try using Apple Cider Vinegar and water. I mixed up 1 cup of each in a spray bottle and sprayed down her belly and legs. I then also used Frontline although trying to get that down to skin level wasn't very easy and not sure I got it to the skin. Well I used that spray a couple times a day for several days and no more fleas!!!! It also work great for when she comes in smelling nasty ... not sure why dogs like to roll around where there is pee in the yard. But I just spray some the mixture on a soft brush and she's smelling fresh quickly :))) The vinegar smell goes away quickly and she doesn't mind it at all :)

Oh, I also sprayed it on the carpet after treating her and all around the living room carpet and the couches where she takes naps - for several days.

·
Super Moderator
5,140 Posts
It's so weird. We have never had issues with fleas but over the weekend I saw a tick on Molly's head so I checked Oliver and he had a flea! We live next to a small park and there are tons of new dogs going there since the quarantine. I checked them both good and put topical meds on them. I like the apple cider vinegar idea, I think I'll spray carpeting and beds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can either take your pet to a pet salon or bathe him yourself. Strangely, It’s surprising you haven’t given him a flea shampoo bath yet, I make sure my dog gets one or two every month and keep a flea spray handy, whenever we have been out for long. Dogs are vulnerable to fleas and can become a carrier for them. Make sure you check with a vet before you buy one - there are some online greatvet, yelp portals where you can consult a vet online - There’s PetArmor Flea & Tick, you can also try ProSense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts