Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got a beagle 3 days ago and everything is fine he's very active and playful but what bothers me a little is that he wants to eat either his or other dogs poop, is that normal???? also I noticed that he has a little bump on his belly which kind of looks like a belly button, is that normal too???

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The poop eating is very common. Two of our guys do it and it is disgusting.:gah: It will not harm them but the key is to clean up what you can immediately. They do have pills that you an give them that is supposed to deter them from eating it but I haven't used them. It is difficult with other dogs' mess b/c some people don't clean up after their dogs but it hasn't been a big problem, I just redirect them if I see any on our walks. You may want to invest in some doggie breath mints :)

The little bump, Roscoe has one too and it is a hernia. He had it since he was a pup and the vet was not concerned about it at all. He still has it, there was no need to remove it. Next time you go to the vet you may want to have him/her just look at it anyway. I just call it his beagle belly button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts