Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. reading through this site, i see people mention dog day care, is this like a childminder for dogs ? we dont really have this too much in the UK, well not where i live anyway. can you tell me, is it in someones house, or a special site ? how much is it and what does the dog get there, is it put into a kennel or left to play with other dogs. do loads of dogs go there or is it just one or 2 ? just wondered if you could all tell me more about your ' dog day care', many thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
I can send you a link to the one I used before I moved from Florida. You can even watch the dogs on the web cam!!

Toby LOVED going! This one was in a facility set up for dogs, as he boarded, too. Toby had to go for an interview before he was allowed to come - to make sure he would "play nice!!!"

As far as number of dogs there, it just depended on the day. Sometimes there were only a few, sometimes there were several.

It looked to me like a well run, supervised, indoor Dog Park!!

http://www.centralpups.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will have a look. we dont even have dog parks here so unless you take your life in your own hands when you let your beagle off the lead, like we do now and again, they cant even run fee. it's so not fair. they have sectioned areass for kiddies, and i think it makes more sense for them to have all the grass, 'poo free' and a fenced area where we can let the dogs play and the kids can run round wheverever they like. :-(
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hapfac01.gif that's what i say when ever i get meg back on the lead !!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
We have quite a few around here. The Petsmarts in town all offer day care and boarding services and so does my vet. There are also many businesses that just specialize in day care for pets. I think it's awesome that the world is becoming so pet friendly as more people realize that our pets are such a huge part of our families. Good luck in finding one near you.

·
Registered
667 Posts
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Doggie daycare...seriously it is the only reason we can have a dog, let alone 2 of them...we work 12 hour shifts!!

Our dogs love it there...huge play area, they have to pass a temperment test first. A GREAT way to help socialize your dog.
And ours is 24 hours and there is someone there 24 hours a day...they must have 50 dogs a day with 3 different play areas.

Only down side is that sometimes they have diarrhea, maybe once or twice a year but all dogs have to be up to date on vaccines.

Some places have their own grooming, webcam, and pool

It is a lifesaver, and the dogs love it...and sleep for 2 days b/c they are so warn out.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it sounds great for your 2, but how much is it for them to go there, is it expensive ? I really wish we had somewhere like that over here.

think i might move across the pond !! with meg, of course.
x

·
Registered
114 Posts
We went to one close to us but something happened and the hours changed. The owner would show up late which would make us late to work. But she had trouble finding help for the pickup times. Its too bad because we really liked taking Scout there and it wore her out. Now on nice days I pick up my friend's dog after work (i get off early) and they play in our back yard for about 3 hours. It helps give me some time and gets me out of a walk.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think mine was $16 a day if you bought several days at a time. Mine would board for $21/day. That was really wonderful! I knew Toby would get to play all day sleep good at night. He always hated going to a regular Kennel for boarding. He never minded this place since he got to play so much!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Meg's Mum

Sorry, I forgot to answer this for you.

So the price is different everywhere...we just moved from Chicago, huge city, doggie daycare every 2 miles...I swear there were 6 of them in a 5 mile radius!!! Of course this is Chicago, a city and very dog friendly with lots of dog parks...

Here in Southern California, where I just moved to, it was VERY hard to find a day care...weird hu??? you think they would be everywhere...but not where we are at...we have to travel from Newport Beach were we live to Huntington Beach (or Laguna Beach) a few miles up (but with trafic it takes 15mins) to get a 24 hour day care...but they are so dog friendly there with a dog beach, multiple dog parks, and malls here will let dogs in too..crazy hu?

For 1 dog...daycare from 7am to 7pm is $25 a day...overnight with the day care is $35 a day...we use them about 5x a month and when we are on vacation...prices are about the same in Chicago where we came from but in Chitown the dogs were left alone from 7p to 7a...so it is worth it to have someone there 24 hours a day

House Sitting is popular here, someone will come into the home, you give them the key and they will walk your dog and feed them..but I would much rather have my dogs in full supervision when Im not there...

They are all trained in dog "CPR" and if anything bad happens they will take them to the vet immediately..I feel so comfortable on vacation or working overnight b/c I know someone is with them all the time.

With that being said, I only leave them alone 6 -8 hours at a time..we only use them when needed...like a 12 hour shift at the same time for us both.

I couldnt have dogs if it wasnt for the doggie daycare..I dont have a yard and rent, but still we are talking about beagles, and you cant leave them alone b/c they follow the nose and will run and you will never see them again

If you have any more ? just let me know...i have lots of dealings with doggie day cares...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts