Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abby currently has 2 dog beds - one inside her crate and another on the floor in the living room. (I initially bought 2 because she was peeing in her crate and I needed to be able to swap the dirty one out for a clean one quickly.)

These dog beds are getting kinda ratty and since she's (basically) house-trained, I'm looking to buy another, possibly cuter dog bed for the living room.

What kind of dog beds do all of you use? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
most of our dog beds came from Sam's club, they have pretty good sized dog beds for $20 and they have different patterns, and then we used the bed insert and made our own cover for another bed and we have some $5 CVS dog beds

Sam's Club beds and CVS beds
another sam's club bed or the same one, can't really tell
dog bed without the cover
home-made dog bed cover

the best part about the sam's club beds besides the pretty good price is they have the cover that can be removed and washed in the washing machine

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly sleeps on all sorts of things. She is famous for ripping beds while I am at work, so right now she has a pillow with a little blanket on it and she likes it. She also will sleep on the big dog beds that belong to my greyhound. In the bedroom at night she was an oval shaped bed with a little pillow in it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Yeah, those don't do too well in this house! Our guys look at dog beds and laugh as they rip them to shreds!

However the only kind that has lasted is a canvas one I got on the clearance shelf at Target! Two have survived although Cole is really the only one who uses it in his crate b/c he can't be trusted outside the crate when we are not home!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mine likes the hard wood floor next to her bed. Also, she loves to sleep on my pillows when I am at work instead of her bed. Also, the couch...lol Everything BUT her dog bed. I went to a Tractor Supply and bought 3 ceder filled washable dog beds for $7 bucks a piece. They are great!

·
Registered
205 Posts
We got one of ours from Costco. It's got that special foam in it and is VERY soft. She adores that one, and it's in her bedtime crate upstairs.

The one downstairs is just a big brown overstuffed pillow-type bed with pillowly side walls. We can toss the whole thing in the wash fairly easily.

Anything like the one pictured, JoJo will tear up with her front teeth. She likes to shred the fuzzies off of things like that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for these responses!!! We don't have a Costco at all, but we do have a Sam's Club just over an hour away. Next time we're up near there, I'll try to stop and look at those beds - I just love them (and the price is good, too)!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part of the reason I asked about dog beds is because Abby doesn't like to sleep outside her crate and we're not sure why. She really doesn't even like to lay down on our couch, but I think it's b/c it's leather. The past few days she'll hop up there and dig and dig at my blanket but it's as if she doesn't understand why she's digging and just looks at us quizzically. She absolutely will NOT just lay down on the blanket. Finally, we decided to put her extra dog bed up there and she has started laying down on it. Unfortunately, it's really too big (and ugly) to stay on the couch, so I've been looking for other ideas. You all have certainly given me some...THANK YOU!!! grin

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've had good luck with Target. Their Woolrich brand is a bit pricey, but now they're carrying some other stuff and I can get something big (Henry is about twice the size of full beagle) and plush and durable for usually under $30 if I watch for sales.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts